Observer

Audio Jack on Technicolor TCA203

Hello.   I appreciate the support from the community.

I use the TuneIn radio app on the TouchScreen and noticed that the sound quality from the panel speakers is poor.   Since there is a headphone jack on the left side of the panel, I thought I would hook it up to an auxilliary speaker using a stereo cable.

Regrettably, sound continues to play through the speaker built into the TouchScreen after inserting the jack and wire.  I double checked with another wire to be sure that it was not the wire.

Since the function of the jack is not explained in either the Quick Start Guide or the extended version available online, I was wondering if the jack should interrupt the speakers on the TouchScreen or perhaps it is meant to work only during playback from a media card which can be installed just above the jack?

Has anyone had experience using the headphone jack on the TouchScreen?

Thanks,

drbug

6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Audio Jack on Technicolor TCA203

you may have to be plugged in before you turn it on, and or there's an audio playback option in the audio mixer for it's assignment as well as the internal speaker.

Expert

Unknown what TWC vs/ Comcast differences exist... both are flashed differently, all functions and connections might not be useable, like the usb and firewire connectors on DVR's!

Observer

Hello MsRaye.   Thanks for both comments:

I'll have to try connecting the jack before starting TuneIn.  I'll reply later after trying it out.   But I did not notice any controls on the TouchScreen in reference to audio or a mixer for the internal speaker.

As you suggested, it may be a non-functioning audio jack depending on the programming of the firmware.   But it would seem that a firmware update could address that.

drbug

Expert

good luck getting a cable company to have their firmware changed just for a couple customers... I see there's people trying to sell these online and commenting there's no mfg support, only thru the cable company or alarm system mfgr.

Observer

Re: Audio Jack on Technicolor TCA203 - Follow Up

Hello again MsRaye:

I tried "jacking in" before starting the TuneIn app with the same result:  the TouchScreen speakers continue to play.

Interestingly, when removing the jack, the apply stops playing automatically...

dr bug

Observer

You're probably right about that - but I tend to be more of an optimist... drbug