Participant

Re: Too many commercials

I DVR everything personally, haven't watched live TV for well over 10 years now.

The orginal point is correct however, the idea of having pay TV in the 1st place was it was commerical free back when it started.

All of that went by the wayside due to greed, corruption of the FCC letting the networks double dip getting paid twice to air the same content. Something that needed to be shut down a very long time ago.

Rookie

[ Edited ]
I am literally paying 200 bucks a month for commercials. I was watching 8 shows at once, for experimental purposes and at one point 7 shows were in commercial! It's amazing that we can be charged 200 dollars a month and just watch commercials. Time warner, spectrum, whatever is a joke! I have tried to quit them twice and they always seem to weasel their way back in. It's 10 minutes of show and 20 minutes of commercials. It's all crap. I watch like 4 shows but yet I have to just watch commercials all day. And yet I can't get rid of my boxes cuz they fight me at every angle. Garbage company. Garbage content. Just straight garbage!
Sharer

Sheezy38 wrote:
I am literally paying 200 bucks a month for commercials. I was watching 8 shows at once, for experimental purposes and at one point 7 shows were in commercial! It's amazing that we can be charged 200 dollars a month and just watch commercials. Time warner, spectrum, whatever is a joke! I have tried to quit them twice and they always seem to weasel their way back in. It's 10 minutes of show and 20 minutes of commercials. It's all crap. I watch like 4 shows but yet I have to just watch commercials all day. And yet I can't get rid of my boxes cuz they fight me at every angle. Garbage company. Garbage content. Just straight garbage!

Do you realize that TWC/Spectrum has ZERO control over the content of the networks? They take what the network sends them and transmits it to its subscribers, inserting commercials in the predetermined commercial slots that the network sets.

Valued Participant

I don't know why people keep making this claim. Cable was NEVER billed as commercial free. And from the very beginning, cable channels except HBO and Showtime all had commercials. (What do you think the MTV "Moon Man" logo was all about? That is what they showed as they went to and came back from commercials.) While yes...cable companies are greedy, and yes, they did steal hundreds of millions of dolalrs of taxpayer dollars that were supposed to be used to upgrade the infrastructure and provide service to all areas and didn't, how on earth do you think that the money you spend would pay not only for the delivery of the shows..but also to PRODUCE every single show on cable?