Newcomer

Too many commercials

there are so many commercial interuptions that it it is impossible to enjoy anything on the tv.the whole idea of PAID tv was to avoid commercials,its an insult to the consumer and its ridiculus

13 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Too many commercials

@rgalloway3

I apologize for the frustration with our services.  Certain premium channels and On Demand content, such as movies, may be commercial free.  Commercial content, along with other programming content is determined by the individual networks.  One solution may be to record programming with a DVR, which allows you to fast forward to the programming you want to view.   Thanks for your comments and let us know if we can assist in the future.  

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Observer

I AGREE... I'm old enough to remember when America was told we had to convert to Cable TV because "future sun spot activity would interfere with TV signals over the airwaves" and "that it would be better because we would get more channels (which we do) and there would not be commercials since we would be paying for it".  Well, 2 out of the 3 have  been  proven to be not true. (A 33% pass rate is a failing grade, everywhere). Additionally, if all the channels we now have are so good... Folks like Netflix, Amazon, FX and a host of others would not have a market.  So... Help us out Time Warner or Spectrum or AT&T or Whoever You Are!. What part of Time Warner is AT&T trying to buy anyway?

Spectrum Employee

AT&T completed a merger with Time Warner, which is a media corporation which produces channels and content. Time Warner Cable is a cable provider. The two split off into seperate entities a long time ago.

Essentially: Time Warner makes TV, and gives that TV to providers - like Universal Studios. Time Warner Cable puts TV in your home, like Comcast.

Sharer

WildBilly wrote:

A 33% pass rate is a failing grade, everywhere).

In baseball it gets you to the Hall of Fame. Robot wink

FYI...Time Warner Cable and Time Warner Inc. were two separate and distinct companies that haven't been together since 2009. TWC was bought by Charter and Time Warner Inc. is in the process of being bought by AT&T.

Boz
Sharer

WildBilly wrote:

I AGREE... I'm old enough to remember when America was told we had to convert to Cable TV because "future sun spot activity would interfere with TV signals over the airwaves" and "that it would be better because we would get more channels (which we do) and there would not be commercials since we would be paying for it".  Well, 2 out of the 3 have  been  proven to be not true. (A 33% pass rate is a failing grade, everywhere). Additionally, if all the channels we now have are so good... Folks like Netflix, Amazon, FX and a host of others would not have a market.  So... Help us out Time Warner or Spectrum or AT&T or Whoever You Are!. What part of Time Warner is AT&T trying to buy anyway?

Do you also remember, much more recently, that if we like our doctor we can keep our doctor, health insurance premiums would go down, etc?  American are stupid and we somehow continue to accept lies with no consequences to the liars!

Observer

Also... Many Thanks to "reds91185" and "NotATech" for helping to clarify who owns who.. THX.

So... If I look forward... This means that Time Warner Cable will keep charging more and more for end point delivery (whether or not I buy their DVR) and that base cost will increase even further if AT&T gets their hands on the content that Spectrum can deliver...  Did I miss something?  Oh... Yeah... Is there a doctor in the house? Hmmm... I guess some of us don't really get to choose that either. (Just sayin')

Boz
Sharer

WildBilly wrote:

Also... Many Thanks to "reds91185" and "NotATech" for helping to clarify who owns who.. THX.

So... If I look forward... This means that Time Warner Cable will keep charging more and more for end point delivery (whether or not I buy their DVR) and that base cost will increase even further if AT&T gets their hands on the content that Spectrum can deliver...  Did I miss something?  Oh... Yeah... Is there a doctor in the house? Hmmm... I guess some of us don't really get to choose that either. (Just sayin')

Lol...that sounds about right! Smiley Wink

Sharer

WildBilly wrote:

In a way...yes, but distributors like TWC/Charter/Spectrum, Dish, Directv, etc. get their content to broadcast to customers from a variety of sources...CBS, Disney (ABC), NBC Universal (which is actually owned by TWC competitor Comcast), Time Warner (CNN, TNT, TBS, HBO), Viacom (MTV, Nick, Comedy Central)...along with countless other content providers. The content providers are constantly asking for higher carriage rates from the distributors for the right to carry the channels and the distributors are constantly trying to lower the carriage rates from content providers. These negotiations result in the rates the distributors charge us, the cable customers. All the while every company is looking for a profit and to satisfy the shareholders.

Look into getting android tv with kodi no commercials at all or an amazon firestick with kodi for a cheap alternative you will love tv again. Or just dvr everything and forward commercials.