Rookie

Recording NASCAR and other sports that have multiple episodes with same title

[ Edited ]
You need a way to differentiate between the Nascar race, qualifying and practice when scheduling a recording. Also between the Cup race and other races. When I schedule Nascar to record there's 20 or more recordings a week with ARCA, Truck, Xfinity, Cup, etc. When all I want to watch is the Xfinity and Cup race. Two shows! Not twenty-two. I extend the scheduled recording by two hours to allow for delays and I end up with hundreds of hours of recordings filled with junk. Some people may want to see practice and qualifying. I do not.
3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Recording NASCAR and other sports that have multiple episodes with same title

Complain to the guide publisher, they don't care about customers..

Gracenote/ Tribune media services are the culprits.  Nascar doesn't supply enough info to them either.

It's not a TWC issue.

Sharer

Re: Recording NASCAR and other sports that have multiple episodes with same title

rigman wrote:
You need a way to differentiate between the Nascar race, qualifying and practice when scheduling a recording. Also between the Cup race and other races. When I schedule Nascar to record there's 20 or more recordings a week with ARCA, Truck, Xfinity, Cup, etc. When all I want to watch is the Xfinity and Cup race. Two shows! Not twenty-two. I extend the scheduled recording by two hours to allow for delays and I end up with hundreds of hours of recordings filled with junk. Some people may want to see practice and qualifying. I do not.

=========

You need to go to the guide, and then search yourself through the listings  for the actual races.  The practices and qualifing are clearly marked as such.  If you record the 'series', you'll get everything.

Rookie

Thanks dakat. But it's not ideal to try to remember to record each show every week for the entire season. Thus the reason "record series" was created in the first place. Being a computer programmer I know it would be a simple change. I suspect Nascar and/or their advertisers push to have it this way so they get more viewers. Or Gracenote just takes the easy road to developing their guide.