Lead Moderator

Re: New Television Program Guide/Interface

@CAL  Thank you for taking the time to come provide us with your feedback.

You should not notice any noticeable slow down with the response from the 

box. Since the update have you done a reboot on the box? 

If you have done this and are still having a very slow response from the box

please do contact us directly to look into the signal levels etc.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

cmv
Rookie

DVR is a mess

My recordings are all messed up ever since the new update. Before the update I was able to record series in a certain time slot, but ever since the new update it records almost every episode, even though it says new episode. I had it setup that way because they show the same drama series for about three times a day. I noticed this only happens to my Filipino Channel and GMA Network channel, while American channels record just fine. Also, finding the new recordings in the DVR list is hard, why can't they just keep the newest episodes at the top, like how it used to be. I hope this problem can be fixed. Thanks!

Expert

Re: DVR is a mess

not that it's any help, but are you a TWC legacy vs a new Spectrum customer and is this channel available online thru a website?

The website bypasses TWC's guide administered by Gracenote/ tribune media services.

This doesn't sound like a firmware issue if some channels work properly but actually a gracenote issue. Sadly, they will not respond to individual customer complaint, only TWC complaints

cmv
Rookie

I have been a TWC subscriber for a while now. The two channels are some of the extra channels available for subscription that they offer. 

Expert

It sounds like the guide isn't properly supported or supporting the new firmware.

Maybe a different model DVR will work, don't hold your breath though....

are these like 2 0r 3 additional channels you pay for seperately?

Is this a single no wholehouse DVR?

What make/ model?

I would ignore any advice by TWC to Switch to a Spectrum plan, usually makes matters worst. and Costs more.

cmv
Rookie

[ Edited ]

It's a Cisco STB [5D52CC], Standard DVR Plus. Only DVR in the house.

Yeah, they are  a separate cost from the package that we have, but they combine everything in one bill.

Participant

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

New version requires 2 button pushes to record whereas before I just had to press the red button on the remote.

Expert

don't be surprised if you're the only one in your zip code to complain about this and it never get's fixed.

It goes like this:

1. A specialty ethnic package that very few people purchase

2. the people that do subscribe,  more than likely watch it live

3 those that have DVR's don't have the same model you do and between firmware versions, this could be a problem only in your zip code.

I don't think it's a box or firmware issue, but probably just coincidental with a firmware upgrade, Some of those need changes in the guide programming and they missed the channels you're having record issues with and maybe on only a coulpe nodes in scattered zip codes.

TWC will probably suggest you get a different DVR... While I think it may be worth a try, I don't think it will help... and you'll loose all existing recordings..

Do you have a friend that subscribes to these channels that has a dvr? Maybe they can confirm this is a larger issue that a different box has...

Twc and spectrum are not one big system but a bunch of seperate ones cobbled together.

All the DVR timing is set by the Gracenote/tribune media services guide listings and they are totally unresponsive to customer complaints.

cmv
Rookie

Ok thanks! Will probably try a new box. 

Trusted Helper

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

[ Edited ]

My friend submitted the following feedback about The New Guide (ODN 8) on his Cisco 8640 box.  He lives in North Carolina:  (He has been in the tech business for about thirty years, so he knows cable and technology.)

"What is fact is that ODN8 is by far the buggiest version of ODN that I've ever seen. Thankfully, recording is still rock solid reliable, but so many "features" don't work unless the box has been recently rebooted. The recorded show list, on-demand and other functions often give a "not available, try again later" message. You can now add the FAV button to that list. Before rebooting, hitting the FAV button brought up a black graphic background (not a "black screen"), followed about 5 seconds later with the all too common "not available, try again later" message. This has all been on an 8640 box that has been nearly perfect and quite robust through several Navigator versions."

Satch