Newcomer

DVR Menu Changed

We are very unhappy with the changes to the DVR Menu. Why was it changed?
Before you got the recorded program nicely organized in folders and when you open the folder you got a list of episodes from which to choose. Now you get a list of all recorded events by date - last in first out. This is just wrong.
We liked the old format like the satellite boxes.
Please change it back.
Spectator

Re: DVR Menu Changed

We aso dislike it. What was once easy is now extremely cumbersome.

CAV
Rookie

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

Just popped into the forums today to see what others are saying about the "updates" to the guide menu and the ability to set up DVR recordings.  I see my own personal concensus on this "updates" is in line with others.  My record setup experiences has become extremely frustrating because of all the different hoops one must goe through in order to record a program; and God help us, if one wants to adjust that recording in some way, ie: change a record date.  There are so many layers to try and move through in order to record.  The original TWC recording menu was simple and to the point.  Plug in the correction information, hit Ok/Select and done.  With the new mandate, hit the Ok/Select button and you wait almost a full minute for the system to set up the programming.   Using the search option isn't as user-friendly either!  It would have been grand if there had been period of retraining customers to the new "updates" and thus making the transition smoother.  Why hasn't TWC/Spectrum provided a video tutorial to show customers how to maneuver this new "update"?   Those responsible for creating this choas and frustration for the customer "will reap what they sow"! 

Newcomer

Re: DVR organization

I agree!!! All of my shows use to be grouped together on one line for each individual program. Now if I want to watch my 3 recorded episodes of "Mom" i have to search for each episode somewhere on the list! That's hugely inconvenient!!!!!! Plus when you're done watching get one, it jumps back to live TV and not the list! What good is that??? I sure hope these issues will be fixed in an update!! Going back to AT&T Uverse is looking better and better!!
Lead Moderator

Re: DVR organization

@Rsty2lvr  Are you able to provide us with a screen shot of your listings?

The series should still be grouped together. You may wish to unplug the power to the 

box and wait about 30 seconds before plugging that back in. 

Please let us know if you still see the episodes of the series you have scattered in the 

list of recorded programs. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Lead Moderator

@CAV

You can find information about the new guide here: New Guide

Hope this helps!  We do thank you for your feedback!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Joined this forum spefically to voice my opinion over this issue.

The new changes to the DVR and guide are beyond terrible. The "new & improved" system is slow, clunky, and causes the cable box to freeze for long periods when just trying to select a program from the DVR. Even when it DOES work now, I have to push three times as many buttons to accomplish what I used to do in a couple of buttons. WHY ARE YOU MAKING YOUR SYSTEM SO CONVULTED AND FRUSTRATING TO USE?

Whatever team or individual is working on this new system has proven themselves to be incompetent, and they need to be moved off the project and the changes rolled back. The old system worked great before Spectrum starting tinkering with it. ROLL IT BACK or face the wrath of more angry customers!

The new guide features are so poorly designed that it has already given me a sour taste for Spectrum. We will likely be switching to an alternate competitor.

CAL
Newcomer

New Television Program Guide/Interface

The new interface is absolutely awful.  It is slow, navigation is dumb, and contains too many  questions.  It is causing slow remote response and from the DVR programs, are always slowed down for "updating."  This is truly a step backwards and is making the tv viewing experience unacceptable. 

Expert

Re: New Television Program Guide/Interface

[ Edited ]

Are you a new Spectrum or an old Legacy TWC customer?

Spectrum is getting rid of WHDVR's as well as all the existing HD equiped ones and will be going to a cloud based IPTV system within the next year.

This may also be a ploy to get you to switch from TWC to Spectrum......

Trusted Helper

Re: New Television Program Guide/Interface

MsRaye wrote:

Are you a new Spectrum or an old Legacy TWC customer?

Spectrum is getting rid of WHDVR's as well as all the existing HD equiped ones and will be going to a cloud based IPTV system within the next year.

This may also be a ploy to get you to switch from TWC to Spectrum......

No ploy,

Qualifying boxes in updated TWC now Spectrum divisions will get the update.  Nothing in Wisconsin yet on my Cisco 9865, maybe that is a good thing.  Ms Raye, do you have the New Guide in your area of Ohio?

Spectrum may say one year for cloud based Navigation.  I give it three years, before all the bugs get fixed.

Satch