Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

Very dissappointing is that the "new" guide lists every show now as NEW, even going so far as to add the current date as an airing date even though most of the shows that are listed as new have probably aired months if not years ago.  Now forced to google every "NEW" show to see when it actually aired.  Please give me back my old reliable guide...this one sucks.

Browser

I find that Quick Menu that pops up every time I turn on the TV very annoying.  Is there any way to disable it?  I can push the button on the remote faster than scrolling down to select from the menu.  Why would anyone think this was a helpful idea.

I also discovered that the original date is missing or incorrect on a lot of shows (mostly movies) when you push the INFO button while watching a show or in the guide.  They do appear to be correct for movies in the sneak peak window when scrolling through the guide.  But when you hit INFO while in the guide the new info window does not show the date. When is this going to be fixed?

Similar to the date issue, the listing for recordings no longer appear to be in date order.  Also, some of the series recordings appeared in the Other Episodes section.  What criteria is used to throw listings into that section?  It makes it very difficult to binge watch when you have saved an entire series.  I have to sometimes resort to Google to make sure I'm watching the shows in chronological order.

N/A

I've been trying and trying to get used to the the new "On Demand" listings. It's not going to happen as it is simply awful! It is so hard to find things now. Pictures instead of words makes me have to stare twice as hard when scrolling to find something. I used to go to primetime on demand to watch a series on NBC. Click on channel 1001, choose between ABC,CBS, FOX or NBC, and see a list of tv shows. Easy as pie. Now even if you click prime-time on demand a pile of photos appear for every channel under the sun. I have to keep a sharp eye out for NBC or i go right past. Then even when i click on NBC, all the shows are again in pictures (some very hard to read), and there are all kinds of shows mashed together... a billion presidential election shows, shows you have to pay for, shows that are free for a couple weeks, specials... it's ridiculous and so unwieldy as to almost being useless. Why oh why did it change? You need to have an easy way to get to ABC,CBS,FOX and NBC.
Newcomer

DVR organization

The new organization of the items saved in DVR is not user friendly. It was much better before. Currently, when you tape a new episode of a show it saves it in the list by season instead of putting the most recently taped first. So, with kids' shows, for example, if I have 1 5 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes taped and I tape a new one,  it can end up somewhere in the middle or bottom of the list of all the Mickey Mouse episodes. It used to be that whatever you most recently taped was at the top of the list (so the new Mickey Mouse would be at the top of all the Mickey episodes where it was easy to immediately find).   The new format also is much slower loading. Bring back the old format please!

Re: DVR organization

Thank you for the feedback. We will be sure to take it under consideration.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Helper

Re: DVR organization

awesterl wrote:

The new organization of the items saved in DVR is not user friendly. It was much better before. Currently, when you tape a new episode of a show it saves it in the list by season instead of putting the most recently taped first. So, with kids' shows, for example, if I have 1 5 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes taped and I tape a new one,  it can end up somewhere in the middle or bottom of the list of all the Mickey Mouse episodes. It used to be that whatever you most recently taped was at the top of the list (so the new Mickey Mouse would be at the top of all the Mickey episodes where it was easy to immediately find).   The new format also is much slower loading. Bring back the old format please!

Yes,

Wisconsin has not gotten the update yet to my knowledge.  At least allow the option to sort shows and series by recording date in the next guide update.  I agree with the OP 100%.

Satch

Newcomer

The changes to the guide channel keep me from watching programs and movies On Demand.  

The pictures of movie posters are just as bad as the movie titles with no images.  It's like I'm supposed to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the history of movies.  

Having to scroll sideways through 20 alphabetical movie posters to get to the option to look at a text-only list of movie titles - starting with the very same 20 I just saw - is a ridiculous way to go about things.  

Not one thing that has changed about the guide channel in the past few months is an improvement.

Please just accept the fact that you've made a mistake and return to the thing that worked.  

TV2
Newcomer

The new guide is not in any way an upgrade. It is slow, clunky, unreliable, incredibly frustrating and not the least bit user friendly. I used Reminders almost daily and now that feature is essentially gone (having to remember times and channel numbers instead of just clicking the program is not a valid option).  Also, the "info" function is pretty worthless now--there's so much junk on the screen and the type is so faint/small I can't read it without glasses. Morever, several times I've hit Info only to get an eternal buffer, or a message that it's not available!  As other users have noted, the annoying menu that appears whenever you turn on the TV is also annoying--hey, Time Warner, chances are if people turn on their TVs, they want to WATCH TV.  Also, it is annoying that when you click record, you go to another screen that asks you if you want to record--why????   This is not an exhaustive list; in fact, I don't even use the guide as much anymore because it's just not worth it. Finally, the fact that you rolled out this mess in my market with NO notice two weeks before Christmas (when people are stressed and busy enough--and may actually need the Guide to check on seasonal programs, sports, etc.) indicates that you really don't care about your customers.  VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Newcomer

Re: CHANGE TV GUIDE FEATURE BACK TO BE CHANGED WITH ARROWS-New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

CAN YOU PLEASE GO BACK TO ALLOWING GUIDE TO BE SEEN WHILE WATCHING THE TV  MOVING LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO PHYSICALLY GO TO GUIDE WHICH MAKES THE SCREEN SMALLER ON UPPER RIGHT CORNER? ALSO INCLUDING THE UP/DOWN ARROW TO SHOW WHAT THE OTHER CHANGES ARE SHOWING WHILE STILL WATCHING THE TV IN A NORMAL SIZE SCREEN VERSUS SEEN THE SETTINGS OPTION.  I UNDERSTAND THE UPGRADES/CHANGE BUT ITS ANNOYING HAVING TO GO THROUGH DIFFERENT STEPS TO SEE GUIDE AND MINIMIZE THE CHANNEL IN THE MEANTIME.

Community Manager

Re: CHANGE TV GUIDE FEATURE BACK TO BE CHANGED WITH ARROWS-New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

@GUTIEAI

Thanks for the feedback, we will be sure to pass it along.   

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator