Trusted Helper

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

RN2 wrote:

Eliminating the reminder function is NOT an enhancement; it is the opposite of an enhancement.  It was bad enough when the audible reminder was done away with, but now there is NO reminder function at all.  How is this an improvement for your customers?

RN2,

The help page for the New Guide says that Reminder Times are still there.  You just have to go to Settings and scroll to them.  See here:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/faqs/faqs-tv/on-screeng/new-guide/how-do-i-set-a-reminder...

My understanding is that Set Reminder is not an option from the Time Grid cells with this update.

Satch

RN2
Rookie

Satch,   the reminder would come on screen a minute or two before the program starts, so you can watch it at the time of broadcast, (rather than DVR it for viewing at some later time).  Scrolling thru the guide, sometimes you'll see a show (or a few shows) that look interesting, but for us older customers, we need reminders (of the channel, the time of broadcast, or even that it was a show that peaked our interest).

RN2
Rookie

Satch,

Reminders from the "settings" function isn't particularly helpful if one is scrolling thru the guide and sees a program they want to watch. It means writing down the channel and the times. Why should I have to go thru all these extra steps?   It's not what I call an "enhancement". When it was on the grid, I could highlight and choose the reminder option; simple and efficient and now GONE.  

Newcomer

How do I stop the quick menu from popping up when ever I turn my TV on? I have never ever used any of the settings in that menu, why do I suddenly need it shoved in my face. None of the changes that have been made have made anything better.

Since I am here, and I know this is old, but the menu for the "On Demand" stuff is annoying and overly complicated. The much older text menu was soo much better. I could actually quickly browse through movies and find something to watch. I have pretty much stopped using that since other services like: Google play via Chrome Cast, Sony store on my Ps4, Amazon movie services, etc, are all infinitely easier and have tons of more movies to watch. You guys just seem to list random "recent" movies, most of which aren't even that good.

I am seriously considering switching to Google fiber now that it is in my area. It looks like they may have significantly better services.
Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

Hey All,

My area of Wisconsin has not been updated yet.  However, I have been collecting some general consensus data from this and other TWC-Spectrum forums with the new guide: 

General concerns are the following:

1.)  The next update to the guide,  should allow the new Main Access Menu to not be turned on when the box is first turned on.  It is too "In your face."  It forces the customer to see over and over again quick features that they don't want to see all the time when turning on their TV.

1.b.) Either remove the Quick Access Menu when the box is powered on, OR allow in Settings, the ability for customers to turn off the Quick Access Menu when the box is first turned on.

If "Recently Viewed" new feature can be turned on and off in settings by choice, so should the Quick Access Menu have the same functionality.

2.)  The Quick Access Menu is a very nice way to have features of the box all in one place.  However, let the customer choose when  to see it in the next Guide update.  This will give the customer more control over their viewing options.  My suggestion would be to see the Quick Access Menu only through the "A" Access button, or the Menu button on the remote. The Quick Access Menu would be turned off by default when the TV and box are turned on each day and night.

3.)  Restore "Set A Reminder" as an option to the Time Grid, when taking action on a future show in a cell.  I have learned it is still possible to set Reminders through the Settings Menu, but customers liked the quick convenience of being able to set reminders from the the Time Grid Cells.

4.)  Bring back "View This Channel Now". when taking action on a future show in the Time Grid.  The old Passport software had a very nice feature when taking action on a future show.  It was a feature called  "View This Channel Now."  When selected from a Time Grid Cell, it would take you to the Live TV show content for that channel.

5.) List Shows and Series by order of the date recorded by the Customer-The new Guide Update records and saves shows by series and episode number.  Is there any way to change this currently to allow the customer to  choose to save shows and series in the DVR list by day of recording?  I could see some value in recording a first run series and storing the recorded data by the episode numbers, so users don't miss important plot points.

However, for syndicated series that have been on TV for twenty to fifty years, having the customers record syndicated series by order that he/she records them is the best option.

Under both of these options, have a future update in DVR Settings, which will allow Series Recordings to be sorted in a list by Recording Date or Episode Date.

Satch

Newcomer

DVR chronological order

You need to have a choice if you want chronological order , It's annoying having to dig through seasons now! 

Newcomer

You can change this in settings under Display/recently viewed. You want to set that to off

This new guide many times is not available.  It many times changes the text of the synopsis or leaves out some of the text of the synopsis.  It ALWAYS is very slow about displaying the synopsis when changing views.  Please go back to the other guide until this one is working  properly.  People do not like change much, but if the change is not working properly they hate it to the point of going to other businesses for their needs.  At least, the other guide worked!

Trusted Helper

wrthigpen wrote:

This new guide many times is not available.  It many times changes the text of the synopsis or leaves out some of the text of the synopsis.  It ALWAYS is very slow about displaying the synopsis when changing views.  Please go back to the other guide until this one is working  properly.  People do not like change much, but if the change is not working properly they hate it to the point of going to other businesses for their needs.  At least, the other guide worked!

Greetings,

What box do you have?  I have heard there have been some rollout issues with the New Guide.  The New Guide Page URL had said Wisconsin had gotten it, but than retracted that information.  I know that I had not yet gotten it, so there might have been issues with the update on the night of the transition.  I understand other Midwest areas, like Ohio don't have it either.

I was told by a senior tech that updating these boxes is NEVER easy.  There are tons of codes, options, and features that have to be tested, than released on a division by division basis, than their usage in the field is evaluated.  Plus, TWC/Spectrum has to write code for many different types of cable box hardware.  I am glad that Midwest areas are taking their time releasing the update.

Yes, we would like to know the make and model of your box?  Have you rebooted the box just to see if that makes a difference?  With this update, there is an option to reboot your box in settings,  Try that,  Than wait for about 20 minutes after the box boots for the guide navigation data to load,  See if the box is any faster after that.

Satch

N/A

DVR Scheduling Guide

A recent change has made it more cumbersome to actually record a show.  Why do I have to push 3 buttons to record something when I used to have to push only "record"?  And why are the show descriptions so tiny?  Can't read them unless I'm close to the television.  Please change it back!