Re: New tv search

Cc2, 

Reverting to the old way is only for the recently viewed shows feature. You can turn that off in the Settings/Display part of the menu. 

-Frank

Cc2
Rookie

So then I'm stuck with this? Several of my friends are also dissatisfied with this new search
Trusted Helper

Cc2 wrote:
So then I'm stuck with this? Several of my friends are also dissatisfied with this new search

Hi Cc2,

Can you describe the new search and what you don't like about it?  You can search for TV Shows, Movies, Events, Sports, and Actors by pressing the B-search button.

Satch

Newcomer

Recent software "upgrade"

I am disappointed with all the recent software changes which in my opinion make everything slower and  much more annoying.  Dvr playback  episodes have to be "updated"  and if I have recorded more than one episode I cannot see a list of all of them at the same time.  The same problem exists with the on demand stations. I want to see a list of everything available for any given series or category and again that is no longer possible.  Bring  back the old software - it was much faster and easier to navigate.

Newcomer

Re: Recent software "upgrade"

I agree 100%.  It's much slower, harder to navigate, and doesn't add any features that I would use.  Eventually I'll have to do like I do every 1 to 2 years -- make them give a new box because the old one is intolerably slow.

Newcomer

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

The issue i have with the update is the Directional pad no longer let's me hunt through channels when I am currently watching a program.  In the past I could press the up or down arrow and a lower third window show with channel info. I could then press "OK" if I found something I like or just let it go away if I don't . Now that up and down arrow pull up a recently viewed page that I really care less about. 

Can that feature be turned back on?

Lead Moderator

@BarRo  that feature is not something that is customizable with this guide.

We do appreciate your feedback on this. We have heard from some our 

customers that this is something they also miss and liked on our previous

guides.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

BarRo wrote:

The issue i have with the update is the Directional pad no longer let's me hunt through channels when I am currently watching a program.  In the past I could press the up or down arrow and a lower third window show with channel info. I could then press "OK" if I found something I like or just let it go away if I don't . Now that up and down arrow pull up a recently viewed page that I really care less about. 

Can that feature be turned back on?

Try turning off Recently Viewed:

• Go to Settings on Remote
  • Go to the Recently Viewed Option
  • Turn that function off

Report back what happens.  Does this resolve the issue?

Satch

RN2
Rookie

Eliminating the reminder function is NOT an enhancement; it is the opposite of an enhancement.  It was bad enough when the audible reminder was done away with, but now there is NO reminder function at all.  How is this an improvement for your customers?

Trusted Helper

[ Edited ]

RN2 wrote:

Eliminating the reminder function is NOT an enhancement; it is the opposite of an enhancement.  It was bad enough when the audible reminder was done away with, but now there is NO reminder function at all.  How is this an improvement for your customers?

RN2,

I never used it, but know that people miss it.  I would just DVR what I wanted to watch.  I know that the Reminder Timer allowed up to eight timers to be set.  So it's gone from Settings as well?  How much of a heads up for a reminder were you given if a reminder timer was set?

Satch