Re: New Channel Guide?

Well, getting a new box won't do anything in regards to features that are not available, such as the Reminder.  Aside from that, I'm on a promo plan and should be getting the preferred channels.  Problem is a few of those channels often come up as not available.  With my last provider I experienced that sort of thing only in storms.  The same channels that keep coming up as unavailable with TWC were always available with the other provider, with whom I am ready to switch back to as soon as I get some answers regarding my Internet service.

Rookie

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

[ Edited ]

JuliaR & Jeremiah S,

Is this the official way to give TWC feedback about the new Cable Box/DVR software?  If there is a more direct way, please post it.

I have several issues that I feel are user-interface failures in the new software.

1.  On the DVR side, when selecting a show to see the episodes that are recorded, the episode list is awkward.  Especially when only two episodes exist...as you scroll between the two, no scrollbar exists, and you can only see one at a time...the other scrolls off the screen.  Also, having the extended info below the selected episode is confusing as it intrudes into the list of episodes.

2.  When browsing through on-demand movies, it takes a long time for the extended info to show up on the right side for the movie that is highlighted.  Frequently,  a message comes up that says something like "not available...try again later".

3. This morning when I turned on the box, a message saying "Your TV will be right with you" covered the screen and wouldn't go away.  I could hear the audio of the tuned channel, but no video.  I had to use the new Reboot menu option.  Strange that TWC created this new menu option....must be a recognition that these boxes frequently need to be rebooted because of bugs.

I also agree with everything that NCRonB said.

Does anyone who writes this software or approves of its deployment actually use these boxes on a daily basis?  After just 2 evenings of TV watching I've noticed about a dozen aggravating issues.

I absolutely LOATHE the new update. I keep wanting to hurl my remote at the screen when trying to navigate through the changes. I'm at a loss as to how anyone tested this out and found it to be an improvement. - The ability to simply go through the guide and click record is now gone. Once I click record that stupid little box pops up with episode info that is super annoying when I want to quickly record.  - Some shows have a LOT of seasons. It now takes forever to scroll through to find episodes I want to watch. Seriously all of the Law and Order franchises are impossible to navigate. I have the same issue with Chopped,House Hunters,and House Hunters International.  -I'm young with good eyesight and now I am struggling to read the episode list because the font is much smaller.  -Recorded shows are now organized by season not when they were recorded. This isn't helpful For binge watching, for old favorites which I like to keep saved or for shows with a lot of seasons. My love of saving then binge watching HGTV shows has now been rendered an annoying process as I try to find the most recently recorded episode.  -If I sound frustrated it is because I am. Normally I quickly adapt to the changes but we've had it for days and after attempting to set up my recording for the week I have finally snapped. 
Browser

Please put the REMINDER function back in!  The channel numbers are now missing from the recorded and scheduled items in the DVR section.

Lead Moderator

@bitshftr  If you would prefer to contact us directly you can do that at TWC_ForumsHelp

We do take all of our customers feedback from the posts here and provide them

to our developers. Any additional feedback on our products is very much

appreciated.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

As @Kelee114 said:

Recorded shows are now organized by season not when they were recorded.

I've  been trying to figure out what the new order is, but I think Keleen is right.  It makes no sense.  I want to see the shows in the order in which they were recorded. In fact (and this was a complaint with the previous software also), it should show the oldest recorded show first, not last.  If I have 5 episodes of one show recorded, and I go to my DVR and select that show, doesn't it make sense that I want to watch the oldest recorded show?  Right now I have to scroll down 5 shows to get to the first recorded show.  I"m never going to watch the most recently recorded show before I watch the oldest recorded show....call me crazy, but I watch them in chronological order.

If you really want to, you could give the user an option.

@TWC-JuliaR, are the developers actively working on this stuff, or will it be another two years before we get an update to the software?

Lead Moderator

@bitshftr  I do not have any information on what our development team is 

currently working on. We submit our customer feedback to them, they take 

all feedback into consideration when planning changes or updates.

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Helper

Re: New Channel Guide?

kharris wrote:

Well, getting a new box won't do anything in regards to features that are not available, such as the Reminder.  Aside from that, I'm on a promo plan and should be getting the preferred channels.  Problem is a few of those channels often come up as not available.  With my last provider I experienced that sort of thing only in storms.  The same channels that keep coming up as unavailable with TWC were always available with the other provider, with whom I am ready to switch back to as soon as I get some answers regarding my Internet service.

Greetings,

Are you on a TWC or Spectrum billing system?  If it is TWC, some channels are only offered by moving to a Spectrum package.  Note that there were a couple of channels that TWC has that Spectrum doesn't and vice-versa.  You may want to wait until your promotion expires before making a decision.

If those channels are not coming in due to pixilation and other issues, that's different.  You would need to contact TWC-Spectrum for a signal and drop line test done by a tech.

Satch

Improvement to new Guide Dec 2016

So, I just received the update to the guide and although it is a bit better than the older version it still is a bit behind the times. I would like to suggest that when one clicks on the up or down arrows instead of showing the recently viewed channels, it should show a customer's favorite channels with a poster of what is currently playing and a bar showing how far into the program that channel is.  Below is a picture to give you an idea of what I'm suggesting.favorite channel now playing

Cc2
Rookie

New tv search

The new search is awful - your feature tour says you can go back to the old one but it doesn't work and I get no help from the chat or phone and always get someone in another country. Time warner is not the company it used to be. I'm paying way too much to not have better service.