N/A

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

The new changes are mostly fine with me, but there are two things I really don't like:

1) The new list of recorded programs in a group is not good. As I scroll down, the programs just disappear. If I scroll all the way to the bottom, it looks like I have only one program in the list. The extra information displayed is not worth losing the context of which program in the list is highlighted.

2) This annoyance is not new, but since the program information page shows more details than before, it's now even worse. When I'm using the menu, browsing the guide, viewing program information, browsing recorded programs, or anything else, I should NEVER be kicked out and taken back to the full screen program automatically ... and certainly not after only 20 seconds! I don't even have time to read all of the information on the screen before it kicks me out. I hate it when I'm browsing info on various programs in the guide, get kicked out because I didn't speed read, and then have to go find where I was again. If I want to exit, I'll press a button to exit. PLEASE eliminate this "feature" and let me spend all the idle time I want in the guide or menus. At the very least, set it to something large like 5 or 10 minutes. Better yet, make it a configurable setting, including a "never" option.

Newcomer

New Channel Guide?

There was a recent change to the onscreen channel guide, which to be honest, stinks! It's clunky, slower response, no Reminder feature for upcoming shows....it's just a worse version by far. I expected change with the merger, but not reversion
Newcomer

Re: New Channel Guide?

I'm also annoyed that Reminders no longer work. I relied heavily on them. And they don't  work because of  an "upgrade?" to a clunky channel guide.

Re: New Guide- Feedback Suggestions and Help

We appreciate the feedback, @CookieMonster & @NCRonB and we will have that passed along.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here

We appreciate the feedback, @ChuckG & @cltmmm.  We will be sure to pass that along.

Regards,
Jeremiah S.

Trusted Helper

cltmmm wrote:

I'm also annoyed that Reminders no longer work. I relied heavily on them. And they don't  work because of  an "upgrade?" to a clunky channel guide.

Is it that Reminders don't work, or they are gone?

Is this on both DVR and non-DVR boxes, or just DVR boxes?

Satch

Contributor

As long as you're npassing stuff along, I don't like that I can't switch between 480i and 1080i as of the "upgrade."

Oh, the menu choices are still there, but even when I select and save 480i, I still get an 1080i signal. This screws up my DVD recordings and also gives me less space on the DVR since 1080i recordings take up about 3 times as much space on the DVR drive.

I also dislike that the yellow triangle button on the remote not giving me the list of stations by type - news, children, movies,, etc.

I'm not happy with the change at all.

Your feedback is much appreciated, @clore1030.

Regards,
Jeremiah S.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

No offense, but that pretty much comes off as the lip service answer. This is what Spectrum calls service? Why offer the illusion of choice when there isn't any? Rather condescending toward the customer and a very poor business model.

The good thing is that I have already accumulated about 800 movies by recording off TCM. The only thing that I lose is access to the 24-hour news stations if I cancel. Given what Trump is likely to do to the country, that's probably a good thing to lose.

Understand, I did not expect you to solve the problem but I had to test the waters to verify the new company's approach.

Helper

ChuckG wrote:
There was a recent change to the onscreen channel guide, which to be honest, stinks! It's clunky, slower response, no Reminder feature for upcoming shows....it's just a worse version by far. I expected change with the merger, but not reversion

New software on legacy boxes is a problem, if your box is more than a couple years old or is an older legacy box consider trading it for a newer one, it can make all the difference in the world.