Highlighted

Loss of service

[ Edited ]

I'm in the Rochester NY area we just had a crazy storm that knocked power and cable services out for thousands. With power back on to nearly everyone many people wonder about Internet services. I'm not going to call and sit on hold to hear a foreigner o csn't understand not help at all. National grid has a outage map that has estimated repair times on their. Basically I pay as well as many others pay more for cable then electric but cable leaves us in the dark what's going on. Why can't we be given an estimated time of repair? It'd help with all your complaints and calls....We realize this storm was bad for you guys but a simple time frame isn't much to ask. 

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Loss of service

Nmichael114 wrote:
I'm in the Rochester NY area we just had a crazy storm that knocked power and cable services out for thousands. With power back on to nearly everyone many people wonder about Internet services. I'm not going to call and sit on hold to hear a foreigner o csn't understand not help at all. National grid has a outage map that has estimated repair times on their. Basically I pay as well as many others pay more for cable then electric but cable leaves us in the dark what's going on. Why can't we be given an estimated time of repair? It'd help with all your complaints and calls....We realize this storm was bad for you guys but a simple time frame isn't much to ask. With empire access and Verizon fios slowly coming into the area maybe you guys will give a f about customers soon like national grid is....

I agree,

Would also like to see better more effective communication between Spectrum and its customers for outage estimated repair times, also the same for nightly updates and maintenance.

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: Loss of service

I am sorry to hear that you were affected by the storms. They sure did do a lot of 

damage. When it comes to power outages damage and delivery of our services it is 

really very difficult to provide an estimate. First thing that needs to happen is 

restoring the power and other utilities. That, as you know, is done by the local utility companies. Once that is done we can get in and assess the damage done to our equipment/network and begin repairs.

Depending on the damage and what new/replacement parts are needed it is

very difficult to know exactly how long the repairs could take.  The network is 

dependant on what is "upstream" from you, if only one piece of equipment is

without power, damaged, or offline the entire network from there out would be

off as well.  

We are sorry that these issues cause disruption of your service, our technicians

in these cases work around the clock to get service back up and running properly.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums