Highlighted
Spectator

Service Issues

[ Edited ]
When Spectrum is having an outage or is doing maintenance, why not inform people here in the community forum or provide messages on tv or other sources. Updates too would be beneficial. People may not get so angry if they know when, why and a time estimate. Many people may be more understanding if this is explained upfront. The lack of information is a huge frustration. It appears Spectrum has no interest in their customers.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Service Issues

@DislikeSpectrum

Thanks for the feedback.  Our ultimate goal is for you to be thrilled to have our services.  We will pass along your suggestion for future consideration.  

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Sharer

[ Edited ]

DislikeSpectrum wrote:
When Spectrum is having an outage or is doing maintenance, why not inform people here in the community forum or provide messages on tv or other sources. Updates too would be beneficial. People may not get so angry if they know when, why and a time estimate. Many people may be more understanding if this is explained upfront. The lack of information is a huge frustration. It appears Spectrum has no interest in their customers.

While the idea seems plausible on the surface, if your cable is out:

1.  Your TV won't be receiving any programming.  No TV for you.

2.  Your internet is down, thus unless you are using LTE or internet with your cell provider, no email / community for you.

3.  If you have Spectrum voice service, your land line isn't likely working, either.  No phone for you, either.

How should Spectrum (or any cable operator) be able to communicate this to their customers should their delivery network be out?  Yes, posting outages here might "put the info out there", but when there is an outage affecting a large number of customers, it usually takes time for the trucks to roll to determine what the problem is before any estimate on time to repair can be made...  However, I agree that posting that "Service is out in _____ township" would at least let me know that it's not my equipment that is malfunctioning, but a greater problem...

When my power goes out, I can use my land-line (POTS, not VOIP) to call the power company, and they will tell me (and have in the past) that the power will be restored by 11am the next day...  But how can a communications company relay this to their customers when the means of receiving this information are down, too? 

+1 on the request for info!!

Anyone else waste a lot of time verifying connections and resetting/rebooting router and STB .... and THEN find out the problem is area wide??  

It cant be that difficult to send a message to let people know what is going on.  

Also, when in 'Chat"  ...stop reading from the 'I understand your concern' script!!  Im betting that A) you dont!!  and B) It doesnt matter!!!  I dont care that you understand my concern, I just want to know when my service ....that is already paid for....will be back up and running.  Im taking the time to 'Chat' to get answers.......not a sypathetic ear.

Good afternoon Schilly,

Trust me when I tell you, if there were a way to provide you with an estimated time of resolution for an area issue, we certainly would. Field technicians do not provide this information to avoid setting unrealistic expectations. Unforeseen circumstances could arise during the repair process which could potentially cause a delay in the total time it takes to be resolved.

-Melissa O.
Spectrum Community Forums Moderator