Have a way to stop all email/paper mail offers/solicitations once and for all.

[ Edited ]

Every month, I get an email from TWC exhorting me to sign up for some package deal, and a form letter from "Michael Diamond, SVP Marketing" (with my name misspelled, no less) doing the same. Every month, I log in here and unsubscribe from ALL TWC emails, and check (to no avail) if there is some option to stop having wasteful paper mail of any kind sent to me.

Why is it so hard to get TWC to stop trying to sell me stuff? Does Michael know how insincere and annoying the mail with his name on it is, especially when you can't even get my very common name right? Or how disconnected he seems to be from what customers want versus what he wants to give them? Please consider a way to comprehensively opt out for once and for all from any of your marketing stuff.

I only have your internet service (and that's all I ever want), but if I was considering other services, I would absolutely go to whoever your competitor is just for how persistent, annoying and misdirected your marketing is. I can't imagine how many trees you guys burn through sending those letters and business cards that NOBODY wants.

Step in to the 21st century and stop this ancient, ineffective and outdated marketing practice, and consider giving Michael the boot if that obnoxious letter was his idea (what a wasteful and naive marketing concept; only a salaried suit could come up with something so stupid!).

5 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Have a way to stop all email/paper mail offers/solicitations once and for all.

Thats how i feel about greeting cards.  I read them and then throw it in the garbage.

Trusted Helper

Re: Have a way to stop all email/paper mail offers/solicitations once and for all.

[ Edited ]

cmoneyburns wrote:

Every month, I get an email from TWC exhorting me to sign up for some package deal, and a form letter from "Michael Diamond, SVP Marketing" (with my name misspelled, no less) doing the same. Every month, I log in here and unsubscribe from ALL TWC emails, and check (to no avail) if there is some option to stop having wasteful paper mail of any kind sent to me.

Why is it so hard to get TWC to stop trying to sell me stuff? Does Michael know how insincere and annoying the mail with his name on it is, especially when you can't even get my very common name right? Or how disconnected he seems to be from what customers want versus what he wants to give them? Please consider a way to comprehensively opt out for once and for all from any of your marketing stuff.

I only have your internet service (and that's all I ever want), but if I was considering other services, I would absolutely go to whoever your competitor is just for how persistent, annoying and misdirected your marketing is. I can't imagine how many trees you guys burn through sending those letters and business cards that NOBODY wants.

Step in to the 21st century and stop this ancient, ineffective and outdated marketing practice, and consider giving Michael the boot if that obnoxious letter was his idea (what a wasteful and naive marketing concept; only a salaried suit could come up with something so stupid!).

Hello,

My suggestions for this issue:

For ANY unwanted Email:  Check your address book contacts and delete the senders which you no longer want them to send mail.

Next, put a check mark by any mail in your Inbox, who's sender you do not want to receive email and move that mail to your Spam or Junk folder.  The Spam Guard learns what mail is junk mail and that will keep said mail out of your Inbox.

Optionally, go to Block Senders if you have a block senders in your email account and enter the email address for which you do not want to receive mail.  Save your changes in each of the above examples.

For Paper Mail solicitation stopping: Contact TWC directly.  Say you want to be taken off all solicitation lists.  Call them, or register at the Direct Forum here and post your issue.  Select Customer Care in the drop-down box.  They need to put a note on your account that you no longer wish to receive email solicitation.  Make sure that regardless of whether you call or register at the TWC Direct Forum that you no longer wish to receive Michael Diamand's VP of Marketing, or any solicitation notices either through paper mail or electronically.  Don't use Chat for something like this.  Chat is probably not going to get you anywhere.

Here is the TWC Direct Forum.  I would call TWC first though.  Give them five to ten business days to process your no soliciation mail request to your account.  When January 2016 rolls around, and if you are still getting TWC soliciation offers, use the TWC Direct Forum to get these stopped:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect

Satch

Established Sharer

cmoneyburns wrote:

Every month, I get an email from TWC exhorting me to sign up for some package deal, and a form letter from "Michael Diamond, SVP Marketing" (with my name misspelled, no less) doing the same.

-------------

Same here, AND they're often in Spanish, which I DO NOT speak, and never claimed I did.

Lead Moderator

We would be happy to look into this for you.

A request can be submitted to remove you from the mailing list.

If you will contact us directly we can get that started. 

We can be reached several ways:

Email: TWCable.Help@twcable.com
Twitter: @TWC_Help
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/messages/twc

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Julia, I have contacted TW several times for the same reason, even via this blog.  The request to be removed from mailing list doesn't work.  I know this request is placed in my account  and I have verified this at least 4 times.

The SVP that signs my anoying ofers is called Steven Eliasof.  I suppose that person doesn't really exist after reading all the other posts.  My adds come at least twice a week, triplicated to all family members and a "current resident" (hey, that's us too)

You need to communicate with marketing and tell that there is a SERIOUS PROBLEM with those mailings and the software for the robot who sends them.  I am annoyed beyond belief with reciving offers that don't apply to us and that use such prehistoric methods of outreach. I signed up with a couple of goverment associated do not mail and do not call lists.  Not sure if that will help me, but it wont help TW when it gets fined.