Rookie

"Settings" feature on remote

Why can't I access the settings feature on my remote control?  When I press settings nothing happens.  I have chatted online with 2 reps and even called and talked to a rep but I can't get any help with this question or access my settings.  I'm trying to figure out how to change the cable box from 720 to 1080.  Not able to get any help!

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: "Settings" feature on remote

[ Edited ]

Robilee wrote:

Why can't I access the settings feature on my remote control?  When I press settings nothing happens.  I have chatted online with 2 reps and even called and talked to a rep but I can't get any help with this question or access my settings.  I'm trying to figure out how to change the cable box from 720 to 1080.  Not able to get any help!

Greetings,

This may be several factors. Some questions for you:

1.) Is this a new box or a recently swapped out box?

2.) Is this a new or recently swapped remote?

3.) When you press Settings, does the Cable button on the remote light?

4.) Are the batteries good?

5.) Any problems with any other buttons?

If the answer to #3 is no, you are not sure about #4, or the light is very dim.  Get new FRESH batteries.  Most remotes use two "AA" batteries.  Get Eveready's or Duracells.

Make sure your are pointing the remote at the clock display and slightly downward.

If the new batteries do not bring up the Settings Menu,  Read on below:

It is possible that you have the I-Guide, which is a blue and red colored guide that looks like the image below:

If you have the I-Guide, I don't think the Settings button will do anything.  However, if you have the Navigator Guide  it will look like this image below.  (Or similar: )

If you have Navigator for your guide and the Settings button lights up, but does not show a menu when the remote is pointed to the screen  power off your box and reboot it by unplugging it.  Wait for the time to show on the screen.  It may take a minute or so after that for all the data to load.

If you have the Navigator Guide, new batteries, the Cable Light goes on and the Settings Menu does not show on screen, call to get a tech out.  Settings on the Remote works with Navigator, but not with I-Guide.  The tech will need to check your signals and box codes, and if needed will swap out the remote.  I had thought in writing this reply about just calling Spectrum to have them send out a new remote, but we first need to know:

• The Guide you have?
  • Any Box or Remote Swaps?
  • The results by following the recommended steps above?
  • What is the make and model of the cable box?

Post back with the answers to the questions and that should solve this issue, or narrow it down to what you need to do next.

Satch

Expert

None of your pictures copied  publicly...

Trusted Helper

MsRaye wrote:

None of your pictures copied  publicly...

Not sure on this,

I know that you have to be logged into your account to see the photos.  I actually learned that a couple months ago when Spectrum added the easier "Add Photos" to the message toolbar.  If you are not logged in, it will just show a blank square.

Satch

Expert

Am logged in, can only see photo's I listed, Next issue is the loss of tags that TWC/ Spectrum killed at the same time yet claim they still work...lol

Participant

Spectrum can't even make the "remember me on this computer" function work. (yes, I have Accept all Cookies enabled).