poor quality picture

T he picture on my TV  use to look great but some time late late last year it got fuzzy on  some of the channeles like History MTV  Life time USA TNT TBS Free form. All HD channels look fine. Is there a way to fix this? 

5 REPLIES
Observer

Re: poor quality picture

i would check the tightness of your coaxle's. If theyre tight, look for corrosion (tarnish, mold) if thats not the case, call tech and request a technician, they may need to hit your equipment

Trusted Helper

RedlegsKing513 wrote:

i would check the tightness of your coaxle's. If theyre tight, look for corrosion (tarnish, mold) if thats not the case, call tech and request a technician, they may need to hit your equipment

Greetings,

You should contact Spectrum for a Signal and Drop line test.  A tech should come out to your home and take a signal reading for those channels mentioned:

History, MTV,  Lifetime, USA, TNT, TBS Free Form.  Please specify this in the service call work order.  The tech will do a signal reading for those channels.

Avoid resetting your cable box or router/modems for six hours before the tech comes.  A reset of the equipment will revert the error codes back to zero.  The tech needs to see if there is any noise (called ingress) on those channel frequencies.

This is not a box issue, and would typically involve replacing the cable drop line, and possibly an update to the cable junction box on your street.  You likely have some line interference coming into your home causing the picture quality problems.

Satch

Expert

What box do you have and where are you located? some headends have some channels going out as SD or the boxes are incorrectly provisioned...Are the fuzzy channels full screen?

Bad signal/ noise on Qam digital causes picture/ sound stutterring and occasional pixelation, not a fuzzy SD picture.

You could also have a bad/obsolete box!

Or, you are using a cable ready set and it's days without a box are numbered.... I presently have 200 clear QAM  channels here in Cleveland but some are triplicates with SD and HD feeds as well as 40+ NTSC analog which are scheduled for elimination.

I dont use  a box?

The channels  are full screen.