Occasional Contributor
prudolph

freezing channel list - Time Warner NYC

We have had freezing channels for over 2 years.  Since I rarely watch these channels it didn't truly bother me, but with the raising of fees, including the insulting dvr "rental", it has come time to truly complain about this.  Our cable bill gets higher and higher, but our service gets worse and worse.  Not good.

I have reset our cable box and that never helps the freezing.  I have talked to TWC reps and they have tried something on their end to update our box.  Again, this did not work.

Perhaps TWC will pay attention if this is happening to multiple customers in the New York area, or other areas.

If you have freezing channels, please add to this post or create your own.  It is truly annoying, and for the amount of money we as consumers pay to TWC, we should get a discount for freezing channels.

Here are the ones I have problems with in our area.  The freezing occurs on both regular and HD channels (shown by a 700):

20 / 720 MTV

21 WLIW

36 / 736 Spike

48 / 748 MSG Plus

60 / 760 Disney HD

65 / 765 Nat Geo

70 / 770 C-Span

73  NYC World

74  NYC gov

75  CUNY

This list is only the freezing channels from 1 - 100 (plus HD).  There are more freezing channels, but to prove my point, this list has 10 freezing channels.  That is TEN PERCENT of channels 1 - 100.  I would love a discount of ANY percentage from TWC for this.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Satch

Re: freezing channel list - Time Warner NYC

prudolph wrote:

We have had freezing channels for over 2 years.  Since I rarely watch these channels it didn't truly bother me, but with the raising of fees, including the insulting dvr "rental", it has come time to truly complain about this.  Our cable bill gets higher and higher, but our service gets worse and worse.  Not good.

I have reset our cable box and that never helps the freezing.  I have talked to TWC reps and they have tried something on their end to update our box.  Again, this did not work.

Perhaps TWC will pay attention if this is happening to multiple customers in the New York area, or other areas.

If you have freezing channels, please add to this post or create your own.  It is truly annoying, and for the amount of money we as consumers pay to TWC, we should get a discount for freezing channels.

Here are the ones I have problems with in our area.  The freezing occurs on both regular and HD channels (shown by a 700):

20 / 720 MTV

21 WLIW

36 / 736 Spike

48 / 748 MSG Plus

60 / 760 Disney HD

65 / 765 Nat Geo

70 / 770 C-Span

73  NYC World

74  NYC gov

75  CUNY

This list is only the freezing channels from 1 - 100 (plus HD).  There are more freezing channels, but to prove my point, this list has 10 freezing channels.  That is TEN PERCENT of channels 1 - 100.  I would love a discount of ANY percentage from TWC for this.

Greetings,

You need to set up a service call to have your  signals checked and drop-line replaced.  Show the tech the list of freezing channels above.  The drop line controls the signal coming in from the pole to the box.  Have the tech check the cables in back of the TV.  These may need to be replaced.  Ask for readings done at the drop pole AND that a signal reading should be taken at the box.  Ask TWC to include the above issues in the Tech Ticket when you call for service.

Also say, you do not want the tech to just replace the box and leave, but to check all inside and outside the home equipment.  I would say the drop line needs to be replaced and likely the cable to the back of the TV needs to be replaced.

Satch

Please use plain text.
imjulian

I am having the same freezing of channels problem too for  almost all the channels. Restarting the cable box does not solve the problem.

I am wondering if I should cancel the dvr.

Please use plain text.
TWC-JayW

I do apologize for the issues you're having with the cable TV service.  I would advise contacting the Social Media support group to have this futher investigated.  They can be reached at "TWCable.Help@twcable.com"

Please use plain text.