Observer

Wait notice

I have  4 TVs in my home.  1 is connected to the DVR and cable modem.  The other 3 are connected to boxes.  On those 3 , when the TV is turned on a notice appears that says “Please Wait”.  That notice lasts a couple of minutes then disappears.  I have rebooted each box but the problem persists.  What is the solution?

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Wait notice

@Sickofit wrote:

I have  4 TVs in my home.  1 is connected to the DVR and cable modem.  The other 3 are connected to boxes.  On those 3 , when the TV is turned on a notice appears that says “Please Wait”.  That notice lasts a couple of minutes then disappears.  I have rebooted each box but the problem persists.  What is the solution?

Hello,

The first thing that we examine with a long "Please Wait" or "Loading Data" response on the cable boxes, is a check of the signals and dropline inside and outside the house.  You will need to contact Spectrum for a signal and drop line test describing the excessive "Please Wait" message to them.

It is important that you do not reboot any equipment (boxes, modems, or routers) for at least six hours prior to your service appointment.  Equipment reboots reset the error code signal levels back to zero and the tech needs to see those codes.

New boxes or any other equipment swaps will never solve bad signal levels.  That is why they must be checked first.  This includes the inside main line, the outside line/drop, and the tap.  Don't use splitters, they can diminish signal quality by fifty to ninety percent!

If your signals and lines are good, the next step would be to swap out the box.

Satch