Newcomer

Video and audio out of sync

After the mandated switch to an all digital signal and ending analog service to all customers forcing them to obtain a special digital box to receive their channels. The service sucks more now then it ever has and the kicker is I have a nice monthly cable bill for sucky service! The audio is completely out of sync from the video by roughly 3 seconds, video is choppy, picture freezes, and I pay $224.00 for this crapy service! And I thought digital was suppose to be better!
2 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Video and audio out of sync

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing service issues. 

It sounds like you are having some signal issues. 

I would encourage you to reach out to direct support. 

You can call 1-800-892-4357

You can also contact our Social Media Care team at:
Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Proven Sharer

Re: Video and audio out of sync

Before the recent change to encrypted digital service, if you had cable running directly into the back of your TV set with no set-top cable box, you would have been listening to the audio of a legacy analog TV channel, just as it was first demonstrated at the 1939 World's Fair, with the later added enhancement of stereo for some programming.  

Now jump to today.  When you hear the delayed audio, are you listening on :

1)  a complete Home Theater AV system,

2)  a separate sound bar connected to the TV set,

3)  a 5.1 or 7.1 AV receiver with its own speakers, or

4)  just listening to the built-in speakers of your TV set? 

If you picked 1, 2, or 3, how are the separate boxes connected?  HDMI?  Component video + sound cables?  Optical?  Coaxial cable?   We'll need to know the make and model of each box.  In all cases, we need to know the model of the Spectrum digital adaptor and your TV set.

Since you are also reporting choppy video and picture freezes, it sounds like your cable signal level is not clean and strong enough to deliver a solid digital connection.  You should call Spectrum to send out a home service tech who can measure the signal level and possibly make some quick and simple repairs.