Rookie

Vertical band in picture

I have a 2 to 3 inch green or red vertical band coming down from the top of the screen (about a foot long).  It is showing on all channels and rebooting does nothing.  Any comments on whether this is a TV or cable problem?  Any ideas for troubleshooting?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Vertical band in picture

Select a different input, Pull up the tv's menu or settings screen. If the band is still there, the tv is toast.

Trusted Helper

Re: Vertical band in picture

MsRaye wrote:

Select a different input, Pull up the tv's menu or settings screen. If the band is still there, the tv is toast.

Greetings,

I have something similar with my Cisco box, but it is a dark black band that goes vertically down the screen and is  about six inches long.  (Faint, but there.)  It looks like a mini tornado in black if you can picture that.  It's an older TV, about eight years old.  The image is barely noticable and the TV works great, so does the box.  The tornado like image is not even noticable in the daytime, and even at night you would really have to know what you are looking for to see it.  Picture quality in all other regards is fine.

When I play a DVD though it is not there.  When I had my Arris box, which has a darker background on the menus than the Cisco it is also not there.  I don't want to give up this box because it is a six-tuner Cisco and I am on a legacy TWC account.  I don't want a two-tuner box.

Try a DVD or Video game through another output.  A Green image like the OP described would bother me.

Satch