Taking off Voice Narration removes background music

So today while I was watching one of my recorded DVR shows called "Gotham." A random male voice keeps coming on once in awhile and narrates what happens in the show in between character dialogues. I heard this was called DVS(Descriptive Video Service). I am able to take it off in the settings if I switch Primary Language to Secondary. However, if I do that, the TV show's background music disappears, you can only hear people talking, so there's not much sound experience.

Does anyone know why this is happening and maybe help me guide through this? I'm using a Arris/Motorola Set-Top Box, Model: DCX3200M. 

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Taking off Voice Narration removes background music

GamingWatcher wrote:

So today while I was watching one of my recorded DVR shows called "Gotham." A random male voice keeps coming on once in awhile and narrates what happens in the show in between character dialogues. I heard this was called DVS(Descriptive Video Service). I am able to take it off in the settings if I switch Primary Language to Secondary. However, if I do that, the TV show's background music disappears, you can only hear people talking, so there's not much sound experience.

Does anyone know why this is happening and maybe help me guide through this? I'm using a Arris/Motorola Set-Top Box, Model: DCX3200M. 

TWC-Spectrum has been getting several reports on this issue.  Please see here:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Voice-over-Narration-during-FOX-Gotham...

Try a cold reboot of your box first, if that does not work, please send your name, account#, and box make and model to @TWC_ForumsHelp  They are invesigating.

Satch