N/A

TV Picture Buffering, Freezing and Audio Out of Sync Using Spectrum TV App

I just switched to Spectrum from AT&T Uverse this week. I was pleased to find out I could get my cable TV on a second TV in my house wirelessly and so could avoid a second set-top box and the monthly fee. But the picture quality using the Spectrum TV App for the wireless feed is quite poor. The picture freezes, stutters or goes in and out of "focus" frequently and at times the audio and video are not in sync. I see browsing these forums that there is the suggestion that the WiFi signal may be too weak at the second TV. This makes some sense given the limitations of WiFi BUT, I would expect Spectrum to have the installer actually test the signal at that unit and provide a solution before he leaves (i.e., a wired connection or a signal booster). This is not the quality I expected when I made the switch and am tempted to go back to AT&T.

3 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: TV Picture Buffering, Freezing and Audio Out of Sync Using Spectrum TV App

Nothing wireless works optimally without having a good signal to start from.  Not internet modems, not cable TV, and not cell phones. 

Yes, the installer should verify the second set gets a clear picture.  No, you shouldn't approve the install if their wireless 'solution' doesn't work.  You still have the option to pay the usual monthly fee for a second cabled STB, which is what you originally expected. 

You MAY be able to install a second WiFi access point closer to the TV, using an ethernet cable plugged into the gateway, but you get to buy the device and the ethernet cable.  We can help you work through that.

Expert

Run ethernet to the TV

Newcomer

I concur 1000%. This is the worst cable service I have ever experienced. I regret everyday switching from DISH to this crappy service!!!! Even is bad weather did I NOT ever have this sorta trouble with DISH. I ONLY switched to this service because the condos I reside provided it with the lease. Ughhhh I hate it!