Newcomer

Recording shows

Ever since I got the new "updated" cable boxes, every show I record is of horrible quality: skips, pixelated, hum, freezes, etc.  This is every show in any channel. I've tried watching while recording to know that it wasn't broadcast in this poor quality. This happens with both of my new boxes. Anyone else having this problem?

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Recording shows

Have you had a technician out to check the signal levels?

Spectrum Employee

Re: Recording shows

Right off the bat this is sounding like you may have a box that is having a problem recording to the DVR.

Do this:

Program your Box to record something, then watch the live program. Then play the recording and watch the same thing over again.

If there are issues with the recording, thats a problem with the box and you need to swap the DVR. 

If there are issues with both recordings, then you have signal issues and a technician needs to check your service signals.

Added bonus, could you post your signals or a picture of the signals? Press "Settings" then "Left Arrow" and select Box Diagnostics. Could you tell us what the Corr/UnCorr errors and FDC/RDC signals are? or post an image of that screen?

Thanks

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.