Rookie

Pixelation on TCM only

For the last few weeks, Turner Classic Movies has had terrible pixelation. Completely unwatchable. Other channels are fine. The DVR is only 50% full, so it's not like I'm running out of space. Any ideas? Thank you!

3 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: Pixelation on TCM only

No other channels pixelating?  Certain of this?

If true, then that's a likely a hub & node issue and you could verify this by checking with your neighbors on the same display channel. 

If you can verify with neighbors (yours + 2 other examples) then that'd be enough to open a pocket outage ticket on it for your whole neighborhood, with it's own  ticket #; no appointment needed.  If not, then it'll have to go to a single-user issue, and they'll insist you have a troublecall with a field technician checking things out first.  They won't assume it's the whole neighborhood with other confirmations of the same issue in the same area.  Regardless, the issue should be able to be remedied.  But confirmed examples from neighbors could save you and SPECTRUM both a lot of time & frustration.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Rookie

Fair enough.  We'll check with the neighbors and give a close look at other channels. Thank you.

Trusted Helper

Eversbam wrote:

For the last few weeks, Turner Classic Movies has had terrible pixelation. Completely unwatchable. Other channels are fine. The DVR is only 50% full, so it's not like I'm running out of space. Any ideas? Thank you!

Set up a signal and drop line test for that channel if the problem persists.  Once you make the service call, do not reboot your boxes or modems for six hours prior to the appointment.  The tech needs to see the error codes.  Tune to TCM when he is there.  Resetting the box or modems will reset the error codes, and the tech needs to read those codes as they have been coming in for at least six hours.  The main junction box on your street should be checked, as well as your drop line.  A new box will not fix a signal related issue.

Satch