Rookie

Pixelated channels - USA and on demand advertisements only. All other channels ok.

Tried both the regular and hd channels, both are unwatchable. Please help. 

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Pixelated channels - USA and on demand advertisements only. All other channels ok.

Get TWC out, I'm really tired of diagnosing customers bad coaxial issues.

Please read back thru  previous posts...

Community Manager

Re: Pixelated channels - USA and on demand advertisements only. All other channels ok.

@Beamer

I apologize for the service issues.  Is the issue occuring on just one set top box or multiple boxes?  Have you tried restarting the cable boxes?  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Rookie

One box. Essentially one channel. I tried the troubleshooting, connections and reboot. I contacted online chat and they are sending a technician tomorrow to look at the pole. 

Spectrum Employee

If its just one box, its not the pole. Its a connection somewhere starting at the splitter coming into the home, to that particular outlet. And if it just seems to be USA, then its only causing issues on the frequency that station is transmitted on.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Expert

Yes it can be a pole issue or an apartment building issue ..  especially since there are multiple devices that work or work marginally.

Usually at any more than 3 devices, all connections become critical.

modem should be at the first 2 way splitter, any other boxes split off the 2 way and no more than 4 without an amplifier, no open splitter ports, 8 or 10 way splitters, rg59, etc...

Copy and paste your modems signal level page and ehre it is splitter wise.