Picture goes OFF..screen goes black...with static noise

TWC sent a repair man to the house even though I told them the issue is NOT in my home as another neighbor had the exact same issue. He spent 1-1/2 hours checking & said he couldn't find anything (of course he didn't, the problem is not in my house) . He said he had to send a request for an outside maintenance person. I followed up twice and the request was never submitted. Then customer support reps would say they couldn't do anything because request hadn't been submitted so THAT became the new issue and meanwhile the TV problem was the non-issue for them. My experience with TWC is the equivalent of being treated like the proverbial "rat-in-a-maze"... go round and round but never take one step closer to a resolution.  In 60 years, we simply turned on TV and didn't think about it. These past few years with TWC have been terrible and to make matters worse, we have to pay for this treatment.  We spent our first couple of years calling  TWC due to viewing problems which took that long to fix. Amazing how their reps seem clueless about the issues I have, like I'm the only person with the technical problems.  The outside maintenance reps can come even during the evening hours so we'll never know if they've been here or not. Talk about ignoring a customer...TWC takes the prize!

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: Picture goes OFF..screen goes black...with static noise

ignoredbyTWC wrote:

TWC sent a repair man to the house even though I told them the issue is NOT in my home as another neighbor had the exact same issue. He spent 1-1/2 hours checking & said he couldn't find anything (of course he didn't, the problem is not in my house) . He said he had to send a request for an outside maintenance person. I followed up twice and the request was never submitted. Then customer support reps would say they couldn't do anything because request hadn't been submitted so THAT became the new issue and meanwhile the TV problem was the non-issue for them. My experience with TWC is the equivalent of being treated like the proverbial "rat-in-a-maze"... go round and round but never take one step closer to a resolution.  In 60 years, we simply turned on TV and didn't think about it. These past few years with TWC have been terrible and to make matters worse, we have to pay for this treatment.  We spent our first couple of years calling  TWC due to viewing problems which took that long to fix. Amazing how their reps seem clueless about the issues I have, like I'm the only person with the technical problems.  The outside maintenance reps can come even during the evening hours so we'll never know if they've been here or not. Talk about ignoring a customer...TWC takes the prize!

Hello,

Please send a PM request to @TWC_ForumsHelp with your account information.  They need to get a ticket opened on this ASAP and expedite it to the correct department.  Have them check for any maintenance on the account.  First order of business based on the issues above would be someone needs to check signals and replace the drop line that brings cable services into your house.  Have them put this on the work order.

Next, I would request that the main junction box on your street be checked.  This is another cause of issues.  This should also go on the work order.  You are correct that this is likely a signal problem.  Use the Help forum PM's here to communicate with the mods until this issue is resolved.

What cable services do you have now?

Satch

Satch, that's exactly what I told TWC and .they would not help with this but thank you, whoever you are.

What's a PM?

Same thing every year here in Ohio when the temp drops into the 20's or less. Same old routine also, disconnect the TV for "X" amount of time, that didn't work now we got to check your house then the line outside, never a problem with the house our the neighbors houses. Every thing in my house and outside my house has been replaced, never fixed for when the temps drop. I have recorded videos of the times it "pixelates" and show them and I get the "well it has to be out on one of our line on the poles" and will check it out. Watched one guy through my security camera get out of his van look at the pole fron twenty feet away then get back into his van and leave, what was he trying to do, scare it into working or was it too cold for him to work correctly too ? I try to tell them that the cold contracts electrical connections and is causing a problem in one of their amplifiers, think they would replace it, nope.  TWC or whoever you are now, check my account record for all the trouble calls out here and get out here and fix our cable lines ........055861401

Helper

[ Edited ]

ignoredbyTWC wrote:

Satch, that's exactly what I told TWC and .they would not help with this but thank you, whoever you are.

What's a PM?

A Private Message is a PM,

You can send Private Messages containing your account information and a description of problems you are having to @TWC_ForumsHelp  When you click on that link, Click on "Send a Private Message."  In the message composition box, tell your story and provide your account information, saying that you need a tech to come out to check your signals and drop-line and to check out the main junction box on your street because  "My Picture goes off, the screen goes black static noise is happening."  Don't call TWC-Spectrum,  Don't use chat.  Send the PM describing your issue so that you can get a tech visit.  They aren't going to refuse to help!

If your signals, wiring, lines, and junction box are good, the tech may replace the box.  Replacing the box does not solve bad signal problems, so the wiring, lines, and junction box, should be checked first.

Satch