Newcomer

No reception

No reception on tv's with wall cable. Only tv's with boxes.
6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: No reception

@TBDB412wrote:

Hi TBD,

We need more information to be able to assist:

1.) Where are you located?  City? State? and zip?

2.) When did the problem start?

3.)  Define "Wall Cable."  How are these TV's connected?

4.) Are you using a Cable Card or tuning adaptor?

5) What is your service level on the wall TV according to your TWC/Spectrum account?

6.) Are you seeing a blank screen or snow with regard to the reception problem?  Or both?

7.) Any recent changes to your account or services?

Satch

Highlighted
Established Sharer

@TBDB412wrote:

Every TV set will need a cable box (or some other device) to decode the encrypted digital signals.  All the signals have been (or will be) encrypted.

A TV's internal tuner will not be able to decrypt the signal.

Proven Sharer

Don't ignore the messages on your monthly bill. This is where they told you that this would happen in your area.

Participant

There should have also been a letter sent from Spectrum, in addition to any messages on the monthly bill.

Newcomer

I think the communication for what was going to happen could have been much better and more thorough if they want to have a successful conversion. I didn't realize that a regular hdtv that can receive digital tv stations just fine still needs an adapter. I don't think that the way a customer figures this out should be by checking community boards and calling into their technical support. If that happens, then the method you used to communicate what was going to happen failed.
Participant

@IDavewrote:
I think the communication for what was going to happen could have been much better and more thorough if they want to have a successful conversion. I didn't realize that a regular hdtv that can receive digital tv stations just fine still needs an adapter. I don't think that the way a customer figures this out should be by checking community boards and calling into their technical support. If that happens, then the method you used to communicate what was going to happen failed.

But that's not how it happened to anybody else I've talked to or seen posting.

I and everybody esle I know using Spectrum TV received letters stating that if your TV is connected directly to the wall with a coax cable, a cable box would be needed after a stated date.

If you didn't read it thoroughly, or carefully, or somehow assumed that you TV was exempt, you can hardly blame Spectrum for that.

That being said, I'm not especially happy that cable boxes are now required, but that's a whole different conversation.

The bottom line is, Spectrum DID send the proper communication, and you ignored it, using the excuse, "I didn't realize that a regular hdtv that can receive digital tv stations just fine still needs an adapter".

Anyway, now you know, so now you can get your free-for-12-months cable box(s), and move forward.

Good luck!