Rookie

New DVR Boxes- one channel I have sound no picture-- one channel no sound no picture

I tried to resolve the problem by calling Tech support and they had me reset both boxes-- this didn't work.  I unplugged both boxes-- waited 30 seconds and plugged back in but I still have the same problem.  The Spectrum channels are channel 924 ESPN2 (have sound but no picture) and 929 Fox Sports Midwest (no sound, no picture)-- has anybody else had this problem?  If so how did you fix?  I did notice I was having the same problme with all the ESPN2 channels on my network (TV).  Both my boxes are new-- received them yesterday.  The channels above and below each of these channels are working good.

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: New DVR Boxes- one channel I have sound no picture-- one channel no sound no picture

jmcoursey wrote:

I tried to resolve the problem by calling Tech support and they had me reset both boxes-- this didn't work.  I unplugged both boxes-- waited 30 seconds and plugged back in but I still have the same problem.  The Spectrum channels are channel 924 ESPN2 (have sound but no picture) and 929 Fox Sports Midwest (no sound, no picture)-- has anybody else had this problem?  If so how did you fix?  I did notice I was having the same problme with all the ESPN2 channels on my network (TV).  Both my boxes are new-- received them yesterday.  The channels above and below each of these channels are working good.

Greetings,

The issues that you describe generally relate to a poor signal or drop line.  Not the box.  You need to contact Spectrum for a "Signal and drop line test."  While a reboot of the box, might bring those channels back temporarily, the issue is likely to happen again unless the signals are improved.  This involves in most cases, replacing the drop line and a request to check the main junction box in your street.  Specify this in the work order.

Additionally, try to avoid resetting your box or modem for at least six hours before the tech comes.  Doing so will reset the error codes, and the tech needs to see the error codes on those channels in question for a signal and line check.

Replacing the box alone will not solve bad signal levels.  Please keep up posted on these issues!

Satch