Rookie

My cable tv keeps cutting in & out

13 REPLIES
Expert

Re: My cable tv keeps cutting in & out

OK, what did TWC tell you when you called them?

copy and paste your signal level and errror log pages for a start, don't reset the modem, we need to see real history.

Established Sharer

Re: My cable tv keeps cutting in & out

Unfortunately trying to figure out what your actual problem may be based on this is like your doctor trying to correctly diagnose your illness based on "It hurts" without any other info.

Newcomer

Re: My cable tv keeps cutting in & out among other things

From TWC to Spectrum

It Has Become a Challenge Now to Watch TV, We never had these problems under TWC and this isn’t specific to one cable box, it’s doing it on both cable boxes. All these problems began after we converted and a major software change happened.

• It is now more pixelated even when there is no storm, every show seems to break up—sometimes it’s so bad the screen goes black and eventually comes back on but you’ve lost part of what you’re watching

• Shows we’ve chose to record appear on the screen but when you open them nothing is there, says it’s unavailable—but if you go into the Series Manager and open them up there, it’s available
  •  
  • At least one show that I have set as a recurring recording now shows up but it’s in Spanish and there is a locked symbol on it. I can’t go in and delete it anywhere
  •  
  • Start over feature is no longer there
  •  
  • The sound goes in and out
  •  
  • We might be fast forwarding something and it won’t stop. The picture keeps going but it shows the timer isn’t moving, and when you get out of it, the recording starts from the beginning.
  •  
  • We will be watching something recorded and it acts as though it skips a frame.
  •  
  • When someone is talking on a recorded show, some words just drop out.
  •  

Don't tell me to reset the cable box, we've done that numerous times.

We really hate this new system and doesn’t seem we have a way to fix it now that we’ve converted to Spectrum.

Valued Participant

Same problem here. Never had it with Time Warner.

Valued Participant

Same problem here as well. On all 3 cable boxes. Picture/sound breaks up pixelates all the time, sometimes to the point where it's unwatchable. I was going to have a serviceman out, but it stopped for a couple of weeks. It's back again now. Never had this issue with TWC. 

Community Manager

@strangeways

Sounds like there is likely a signal issue, commonly caused by damage or water on the line. This can also cause the intermittent issue.  I would recommend contacting us for a service call to have the signals and equipment checked.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Contact Spectrum?!

Seriously?!

I have the same EXACT ISSUE at my apt. Ive called ridiculous amounts of times and have had techs/maintenance out 5-6 times over the past month and cant fix it and im sure it wont be fixed.

After scouring reviews for Spectrum this same issue seems to be a recurring theme whereever they take over, so the likelihood of it being fixed is nil.

Best advice, switch providers, i will be
Established Sharer

It's a physical line issue. Coax cable, connectors, wiring, etc. all are subject to the elements and WILL FAIL over time. The techs that came out to your apartment likely know exactly what the problem is (the wiring in the apartment building is old and worn out or chewed up by squirrels or water damage) and the landlord probably isn't willing to foot the bill for replacement.

I suppose you could be right, but i doubt it.

Too many people complain of this same issue, and the running theme is this begins shortly after spectrum takes over.

I highly doubt all the people complaining about this had their wiring go bad as spectrum takes over.

To even insinuate it is any but spectrum failing is preposterous