Observer

MSNBC

Not receiving MSNBC. All my other channels work fine, but MSNBC is just a black screen with no audio. However, if I use the Spectrum app I see it. It's definitely my cable package.
6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: MSNBC

1. Verify connections Opens a dialog
    • Are all connections secure and hand tight?
    • Are you using the proper connectors and color coding?
    • Are you using a Set-Top Box? If so, is the cable coming from the wall connected to the "IN" jack on the cable box.
    • If you’re not using a cable box, is the cable coming from the wall connected to the "IN" jack on either your auxiliary devices (VCR, DVD player) or your TV?\
  2. Check the TV
    • Is the proper input selected (i.e., channel 3, Input 1, Input 2, HDMI, etc.)?
    • Are you using the proper connectors and color coding?
  3. Check the Set-Top Box
    • Is the power on?
    • Is the proper input selected?
  4. Reboot your Set-Top Box
  5. If this is not sucessful Contact us and tell the representative:
    • That you've gone through the online troubleshooting
    • That your TV is on and working properly
    • That your Set-Top Box is on
    • That your connections and inputs are correct
    • That you've completed phone self help

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Established Sharer

TonyD wrote:
It's definitely my cable package.

It's definitely not your cable package. It's a signal issue. Somewhere along the way you have a loose connection, chewed or water logged coax, interference, etc.

Observer

So why is effecting one channel. Everything else works. I've checked all my connections and everything is fine. 

Observer

Did all the above. Twice. Then called Spectrum. They had me reboot the DVR yet again. Still no MSNBC. Also I tried all the different channels that it comes in on. No luck. Not a happy customer right now. 

I'm having the same issue, but my channels are grey with no sound and it is like that on Investigation Discovery, Spike, Syfy, and TruTv. I've done all of the steps mentioned above, and called support with no solution.
Established Sharer

Morbett24 wrote:
I'm having the same issue, but my channels are grey with no sound and it is like that on Investigation Discovery, Spike, Syfy, and TruTv. I've done all of the steps mentioned above, and called support with no solution.

You and the other poster probably have line issues that likely needs a tech visit to resolve if none of the other steps resolved the problem. You have loose connections somewhere, bad splitters, rodent-chewed lines, water in the lines, etc.