Newcomer

High cost of low quality Spectrum cable, this post I found sums it up..

It Has Become a Challenge Now to Watch TV, We never had these problems under TWC and this isn’t specific to one cable box, it’s doing it on both cable boxes. All these problems began after we converted and a major software change happened.

• It is now more pixelated even when there is no storm, every show seems to break up—sometimes it’s so bad the screen goes black and eventually comes back on but you’ve lost part of what you’re watching

• Shows we’ve chose to record appear on the screen but when you open them nothing is there, says it’s unavailable—but if you go into the Series Manager and open them up there, it’s available
  •  
  • At least one show that I have set as a recurring recording now shows up but it’s in Spanish and there is a locked symbol on it. I can’t go in and delete it anywhere
  •  
  • Start over feature is no longer there
  •  
  • The sound goes in and out
  •  
  • We might be fast forwarding something and it won’t stop. The picture keeps going but it shows the timer isn’t moving, and when you get out of it, the recording starts from the beginning.
  •  
  • We will be watching something recorded and it acts as though it skips a frame.
  •  
  • When someone is talking on a recorded show, some words just drop out.
  •  

Don't tell me to reset the cable box, we've done that numerous times.

We really hate this new system and doesn’t seem we have a way to fix it now that we’ve converted to Spectrum

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: High cost of low quality Spectrum cable, this post I found sums it up..

Some of this sounds like signal issues

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages

Then hold in the remotes select button for 10 seconds then hit the up arrow. What isthe IB level and s/n?  what's the OOB levels?

What boxes are they and do they now show technicolor instead of the original box mfg on bootup?

Spectrum Employee

It sounds like you certainly have some network signal issues and possibly a damaged cable, without more information there is no way to really gague the severity of the issue.

If you could, press (Settings) + (Left Arrow) and click [BOX DIAGNOSTICS] in the menu. What are the signal levels that come up? Specifically, is there anything in the Inbound/Outbound error columns? or is anything in bright red/yellow?

I post on my off hours, away from work and any statements made are my opinions, and do not necessarily reflect the views and beliefs of Spectrum Communications.

Rookie

The person who opened this thread did not respond but I could use some help. Almost every night we sit down to watch HBO on demand and the  audio/video interminttently freezes, trembles,  jitters, whatever. I cold start the modem, cold start the cable box, problem keeps happening, chat with support, they send refresh signals, problem goes away.... till the next night.

Internet Modum UBEE DVW3201B S/N B8A2R44803282

Can't seem to paste a picture of the modem screen. Signal levels on 4? channels range from 38.7 DbmV to 40.2 ; timeouts are all zero. Event log shows Wifi channel switching between 1 and 11 evert 10 minutes to an hour.

Cable box Cisco 8642 HDC

Diagnostic menu shows signal strength in green except for FDC RF quality in white at 35.6db

Inbound errors = 0/0

tuner focus = unavailable

cci (1,2) = unavailable/unavailable

Technicolor logo on boot.

The cable coming into the house has a 3 way splitter going to cisco cable box, cisco a/d converter, internet modem (+phone)

Rookie

[ Edited ]

No further comments eh?

I have to reboot my cable box each evening in order to watch HBO on demand. That's the only solution I've found to stop the jitter and (seems obvious to me) not likely due to poor signals since the quality is restored each evening after restart.

Valued Participant

I'm having pixelation and sound going in and out issues. My inband quality 2 line is in yellow. What does it mean?