Rookie

Audio/Video sync issue

A few days ago I upgraded my TW internet account to include cable services (now with Spectrum). Since day 1, I've been experiencing audio/video delays - audio is not synched with video. It's like watching badly dubbed foreign shows. When I watch shows/stream on my Apple TV I don't experience this issue at all. I have 1 TV, 1 modem (Aaris) & 1 cable box. Techs from Spectrum have been out twice and can't seem to figure it out. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm beyond frustrated...
10 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Audio/Video sync issue

I have a similar problem.  I can sign in to my account online but then when I try to sign in to watch something on TV or computer, it doesn't recognize my user name and password and I can't get the Spectrum service.  Hours on phone with tech support yesterday, which couldn't fix it.

Expert

not a similar issue, and is not in anyway related.

Rookie

MsRaye,
Do you have any ideas/suggestions on how to resolve my issue? I see that you are an expert and would appreciate your thoughts. TIA
Expert

[ Edited ]

Is this using only an HDMI cable? and no sound bar or blu ray player?

Turn off ARC and CEC ...

Then see if in your set there is an audio delay compensation adjustment.

Your tv might also have bad firmware especially prevalent with Samsungs and Toshiba's. As a last resort, see if a 5 rca component cable corrects the delay.

What make/ model is the set?

have you googled it and audio delay?

Established Sharer

What is your setup (models of equipment, types of cables, etc) that is experiencing the sync issues?

Lead Moderator

A few questions, you mentioned your Apple TV. 

Where are you experiencing a delay in audio? Are you referring to video/audio issues

through your cable box on your TV or are you referring to the Spectrum TV app? 

If you will please provide us with some additional information it would be appreciated. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

I'm referring to video/audio issues through my cable box. I am not experiencing issues with my Apple TV. And I do not use the Spectrum app. It's definitely an issue with the Spectrum cable. I do not experience this issue on all channels, but the majority are affected. I pay for the Spectrum TV Silver package and have also noticed that I am not receiving all of the channels that are included in that package. If these issues are not resolved in the coming week, I plan on cancelling service. Currently I am paying for a product that is not performing...
Lead Moderator

It sounds like you need a technician visit to address this issue.  

Please see your inbox for a message with instructions on how to contact us for assistance with that. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

With all due respect, techs have been out twice. I'm missing work to have to meet with these techs! I will try 1 more time- if they are unable to fix the problem I will send the box back with them and cancel my service.