Highlighted
Rookie

Alert not tunable

On Friday December 30, 2016 a technician came to my house while my daughter was here and said he had to get into the backyard to get to a pole there.  My daughter let him back there and when he finished the cable tv was out at our house.  When I got home the boxes had the error message of "alert no  tunable " on two of them and the third (which is a different style box) had the message of the info for the show at the bottom and one moment please at the top.  I first contacted TWC via internet chat and he couldn't fix the matter with my tv.  I tried again also via internet chat and he couldn't do it neither so I called in.  This is now Saturday December 31, 2016.  I was told by the technician on the phone that someone would have to come out and fix it but the next available was Friday January 6, 2017.  No one was going to be here so I said I would call back and set up a date I knew someone would be.  I called back on Monday January 2, 2017 and told the tech what was going on and that I needed someone to come out.  He then told me he could do it over the phone after I told him what had happened previously. Smh. After trying yet again to do it over the phone (when I already told him it would not work) he set up an appointment for Saturday January 7, 2017 and then told me it would be $34.00 for someone to come out.  After I was about to go off on him, but I did not, he waived the fee for me (first good thing that came out of this).  I feel it's the fault of the tech that came out because everything was working before he came so why should I have to pay.  All I can say is thank God I didn't bundle my service because my internet and phone probably would be out right now too and being here without all three I hate to even think about.  I just know that if I don't get a solution at least by Saturday that Direct TV is looking better by the day.

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Alert not tunable

@Thell128

I apologize for the frustration and the service issues.  If the issue is not resolved after the scheduled service call, please let us know.  

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Rookie

Ok thank you so much
Expert

[ Edited ]

you should not be billed for technician caused problems and the call center uses any means possible to prevent service call responses.

Robot Sad

They can darn welkll see you have no service and refuse to listen to your description or write it down, you need to have them repeat back to you what you said to make sure they have it reported to the techs.

sad that service is getting worst...

Woman Sad

Rookie

The service technician came out and it was indeed the fault of the guys that went up on the pole that Friday when my service went out.  He logged it into his report but as my technician left another tech pulled up and said he was working on the cable for the house directly behind me on the other street so I imagine their cable may have went out when mine did.  I made sure when he finished with them that my cable was still on and I called and the customer service rep credited me for the week that I was without cable.  

Community Manager

@Thell128

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that your services are working correctly again.  Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime you have a question or concern.  

Thanks for participating in the Forums! 

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator