N/A

Phone2Go stopped working after porting my vonage number

I was using phone2go app without any problem. Recently i have ported my vonage number to twc number. Then the app stopped working. When i try to log in, it says the "this device has beeen already registered to another user id..xxxxx. please deactivate it first to login". Called TWC customer service several times, they reset my modem. escalated to Advance tech team, they couldnt fix it. They deleted my profile, deregisted, reregistered,deactivate it and so far no luck. No i have no choice of going back to vonage. If anyone expereienced the same issue.. please let me know. Appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Phone2Go stopped working after porting my vonage number

This is not a modem issue, it's a telco routing issue in TWC's database as well as all the POTS routing.

It can take a week to migrate thru to all of them

N/A

Thanks. It is been 2 weeks now after i ported my number.

Expert

Did you pay your last bill AND CLOSE OUT the other account?

If not, they won't "release" the number.

2 weeks is bad, s/b 48 hours max!

Community Manager

rk922, 

Good afternoon and I apologize for the frustration with your Phone2Go app.  It sounds like the app is still recognizing the number as a Vonage provider and not as TWC.  This also happens when you update the device. To resolve this issue, you will need to log into My Account and go to VoiceZone and delete the device.  That should resolve the issue. If it doesn't please contact us directly at this private message link: TWC_ForumsHelp

Here are the steps to delete the device in VoiceZone: 

Go to My Account, select the My Phone tab, this will take you to Voice Zone, Select the Manage My Settings button, and in the first box labeled Apps, select the Manage Devices button. You will see any devices you added. Select "X" to delete the device, then Yes, to delete. Then delete the app from the phone, restart the phone and reinstall the app.

Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Hi rk922:

I am also trying to port my vonage number to TWC and hearing it can not be ported. Do you have a specific instruction on transfering the number to TWC? thanks