Newcomer

Phone2Go - This device has been deactivated. Please login to activate it again.

Hi,

When I tried to log into the Phone2Go app ...it does not let me login and it throws a message saying "This device has been deactivated. Please login to activate it again."

Mine is iPhone and I uninstalled this app, restarted the iPhone, installed the app and tried to login...but, still getting the same issue. Tried it multiple times.

Changed the Password and tried.....but, still getting the same issue.

Talked to Customer Support multiple times...last person whom I talked to said they will open a Ticket and they will call me back on the same very soon. But, they never called me back.

Has anyone of you faced this issue? If so, were you able to fix it? Can you please share your thoughts/ideas/resolution?

Thank you very much!!!

19 REPLIES

Re: Phone2Go - This device has been deactivated. Please login to activate it again.

Good Morning - 

Thank you for using the forums.  When you are first prompted to activate, are you currently connected to your home wi-fi network?  I ask because on initial activation it is required that you be connected to your home network in order to authenticate your account.  Once you are authenticated you can use the Phone2Go app as normal.

Re: Phone2Go - This device has been deactivated. Please login to activate it again.

I've had the same problem with this, can't solve it on my own and even working with tier 3 support on chat was no luck.

The account for this location was originally in someone else's name - I'd set up the TWCID for it in the name of gadgetdon, used the phone2go app.

After a couple years, I got the account transferred to my name. Phone2Go gives the same error for me. I can't log into the old TWCID because that account doesn't exist anymore. Removing and reinstalling the app does nothing, so apparently there's something on your servers saying "device 001:002:003:004 is connected to TWCID Xyzzy".

I understand this doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's really annoying.

What the App should do is say "This app is connected... Do you want to switch to the new TWCID?"

Community Manager

Good afternoon, 

Another reason that you may have issues with the Phone@Go app is that the device is registered in your My Account for authentication.  This means that if you get a new phone, your My Account needs to be updated as well. To do this, you need to delete the old device and readd the new device by reinstalling the app.  You can do this as follows:  

Go to My Account, select the My Phone tab, this will take you to Voice Zone, Select the Manage My Settings button, and in the first box labeled Apps, select the Manage Devices button. You will see any devices you've added. Select "X" to delete the device, then Yes, to delete. Then delete the app from the iPhone, restart the iPhone and reinstall the app. This should resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us with questions. Thank you for your participation in the Forums!

James M.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

In my case, it's not a new phone. It's same phone, and can't log into the old account because it no longer exists.

Oops, my bad, just realized I'd misread the subject. Error message in my case is different. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Observer

[ Edited ]

Experiencing this exact same issue except my device is a Nexus 7 tablet. I had previously used my tablet with a different Time Warner home phone number but cancelled that phone number and now have a different phone number as part of my TWC Employee Account.

Newcomer

Were you able to resolve this problem?
Newcomer

I have the same problem with my device and going thru the same process as many people on this forum.  Went to Phone 2 Go Manage Devices in TWC website, but I don't have any phone listed in there.  If this issue cannot be solved, I think I'm gonna cancel the service since it no use having it.

@aanuraj2

Sorry for the trouble you are having with the Phone2Go app. We would be happy to review this situation. 

If you will contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp we can get started.

If you will please include your account number, verification of your service address and
any additional information in regards to this it would be appreciated.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.

Regards,
Stephanie S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Hello! I have the same issue and when I went to 'My Devices', I dont see my phone listed there. I am on android. Are there any other options for me? Thanks!