Phone 2 go app - cant make calls with iOS 9.3.5 on tmobile network

[ Edited ]
I have a iPhone 6. From my phone 2 go app, I was able to make calls (although with poor call quality) until around the time I upgraded my iOS to 9.3.5. Now I am not able to make any calls at all when I am connected to cellular network (tmobile). There is no problem with making calls when I am at home using my wifi network.

I logged a ticket with TWC support, but I have not gotten any help so far.  I deleted the nickname from my TWC account, uninstalled and reinstalled the app....all that good stuff. Nothing helped.

Please note this was working before on my tmobile network, now it is not working. When I tap on a contact from my app, I hear a beep and then the call disconnects. This happens regardless where I call - calls within U.S or overseas.

Your prompt attention in this matter is appreciated.
23 REPLIES
Expert

Re: cant make calls with iOS 9.3.5 on tmobile network

What's T mobile got to say? I assume that's where the actual phone number is ported thru.

There's reports of devices being locked to specific or favorite connections, when you loose or are in weak areas the device won't switch.

This doesn't sound like a TWC issue, sorry. Probably a device firmware bug

MsRaye, are you a TWC employee?

Expert

No and I'm not  a Tmobile, AT&T, Sprint or Verizon one either...

From your description, it's not a TWC issue but a device or Tmobile one....

If it didn't work on TWC, you'd need to call them...

BTW, you're not in a weak Tmobile signal area and trying to use a microcell type device connected to twc internet are you?

Nope, I have a pretty good signal (LTE). The calls fail consistently.

Also, to verify this is not a device issue, I put my wife's AT & T SIM card on my iPhone and tried making a calling. It works fine!

[ Edited ]

Needless to say, I really need a TWC person to help with my issue. It seems like this app was not tested properly after Apple released iOS 9.3.5.

Thanks!

Expert

If this is working with TWC and not working with T mobile, why do you think it's a TWC issue?

If it works with an AT&T system and TWC but not T mobile, it is a T mobile issue..

Like I said, it was working until last week. After I upgraded to iOS 9.3.5 it stopped working.

I already talked to Tmobile and confirmed there is nothing preventing in making these calls via phone 2 go app.
Expert

PHONE 2 GO : cant make calls with iOS 9.3.5 on tmobile network

"Phone 2 go" is a different animal, this is the first you mentioned it...

edit your title line

This will be another typical "new IOS not supporting old AP" issues, again and again...Robot Sad

Newcomer

Re: PHONE 2 GO : cant make calls with iOS 9.3.5 on tmobile network

IOS 10 just released, please update this and lets have a try.. hopefully it will work