Observer

HDHomeRun Prime with app recently noticed no primary audio on channels 218 and 208 Queens NYC

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am using a TWC cable card on a HDHomeRun Prime for years.  It's setup with a Cisco STACisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter with service in Queens, New York area.  I recently noticed that using the new HDHomeRun app for XBOX and Windows 10 that channels 218 and 208 have no audio sound on the primary audio channel.  I don't know if it was a recent change Spectrum made to my cable card configuration or what changed?  The video plays fine but no audio sound.  On another device capable of selecting the Secondary Audio feed channel, I can get the sound on those channels 208 and 218.  All the other channels play the primary audio fine.  What caused this?  Do I have to call Spectrum and have them send a signal to reconfigure my cable card?  I've already tried rebooting the HDHomeRun Prime tuner and the Cisco tuning adapter serveral times to no fix.  Any advise on the cause and the fix? The HDHomeRun app does not have any way to select the SAP audio channel so I cannot get sound using that app.  Also should mention that the PowerDVD 16 Ultra software also exhibits the same no audio on those 2 channels.  Strange thing is that Windows Media Center running on a Windows 8.1 Pro PC picks up the channels just fine.  So there is something with the software maybe that cannot auto detect which audio feed is active (Primary or Secondary SAP) with those softwares .  But I think it was something Spectrum changed recently on my cable card configuration that caused this change?

P.S. - I also notice that the music channels do not play properly with the HDHomeRun app (like channels 1944, 1945, range). Is that a limitation on the DRM decoder or is it also an issue?

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: HDHomeRun Prime with app recently noticed no primary audio on channels 218 and 208 Queens NYC

@staticfree

I am sorry to see that there were no suggestions from Forum members and I apologize for the service issues.  If the issue is not resolved, please contact us directly by private message at TWC_ForumsHelp for assistance.  

James M.
Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Observer

Re: HDHomeRun Prime with app recently noticed no primary audio on channels 218 and 208 Queens NYC

I had called the twc cable card support and the rep checked my signals and cable card and said all was fine with it.  I 've since been in contact with the HDHomeRun app and PowerDVD 16 Ultra software support and the problem is in their software.  So problem is not in my cable card system.  However I am disappointed that Spectrum has removed serving some channels and took them off line like channel 221 China News station and Cloo station 139 for example in Queens NYC service area.  Do we get a refund or lower bill for taking away services from our package?