Newcomer

cancelling service in advance?

if I am trying to cancel my services (internet,tv), do I need to notify them in advance (for ex, a month before the desired cancellation date)? I just don't want to get fined for cancelling my service w/o notifying them earlier.

9 REPLIES
Expert

Re: cancelling service in advance?

you need to turn in the equipment and get a receipt for it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

You can cancel at any time, but the order doesn't process completely until equipment is returned.  So best case- whenever you're ready, bring the equuipment in to the local office, return it, clsoe the account, and get the receipt all at once.

Newcomer

Hey, when you cancel, is your bill due at that exact time, or can I still wait until the due date indicated on the bill to pay it? I'm going to go the Time Warner office and cancel in person, only because from what I've read, when people try cancelling over the phone, they are forced to talk back and forth for an hour and a half with a sales rep trying to offer them different promotions and asking them a lot of questions.

Valued Contributor

There is definitely a process to cancellation, and whether on here phone or in the office, we will have some questions. Mostly the local office is nice because you can bring the equipment and jut have everything over and done with right then and there. In this same regard, as far as the bill goes, we will generally ask you to settle it when you come in to the office since you are wrapping everything up at once but you don't have to do it right then. We are generally pretty flexible with those situations and you can simply have a final bill printed and paid normally or the like, since that amount will be set at that point. Depending on where you are in your cycle and whether you are caught up on eye bill there could be some specifics but generally if you close out the account you have some breathing room to get it taking care of since there are no further billing events set for you.
Rookie

I've had service for 2 or 3 days. This whole process has been time consuming and difficult. A CSR told me incorrect store hours to pick up. My self set up was complicated because my building was connect but was deactivated. TECH couldn't figure out why my Internet was working and apparently, starter tv.... means LOCAL channels. I have spoken to 6 people, spent more than 2 hours on hold more than 3 hours waiting for call backs, which, have never happened. And I cannot use my chromecast with the router provided.

I have decided after a whopping 2 or 3 days of actual "service" to cancel. When I bring my equipment in, should I be expecting a refund? Especially since, I downgraded the internet after I paid and before I was turn on.

Thank you.
Valued Contributor

If you want a credit for the time that has passed, you should probably reach out to tech support for a credit; however, your bill will be prorated to the date you cancel services so any remaining balance will be remitted to you.

Newcomer

I cancelled my tv and phone but I'm keeping the internet service , I turn the tv boxes and the phone box today but it still says I have all three services how long does it take to correct , I don't want to be charge, I talk on chat with rep and said cancelation precession, I don't to get over charge,
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I am not sure why the downgrade wouldn't have been immediate unless we are awaiting a tech to come out and trap the line to complete it, in which case we should have you set to prorate back to the day you cancelled.  Reach out to us via one fo the methods below so we can have someone check out the work order in the billing system to confirm!

888-TWCable (888-892-2253)

Rookie

Hi

I am mohammad Alam and from talking **personal info removed**. Right now I am in my home country. But unfortunately I did not get visa due to sponsored problem. I need to cancell this line immidiately but it is very difficult to cancel this line from my country.

My account mobile number: **personal info removed**

Name: **personal info removed**

Address: **personal info removed**

Please diconnect this line.

mohammad Alam