Seasoned Contributor

Feedback on Channel Lineup Tool on Spectrum’s Website

When I click to sort channels by number, they are still not totally in order numerically. For example, for my zip code 90024, the channels are listed in the following order: 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 1270; to name a few. Please forward this to the webmaster(s).
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Feedback on Channel Lineup Tool on Spectrum’s Website

@Joey1986

The Community Forums are intended to be peer to peer support about technical issues.  This category is for suggestions and questions about the Forums, not general feedback about services. 

To provide channel feedback, please use this link to Channel Requests.  Any suggestions can be included in the text box labeled "Favorite TV Channels".   This will ensure your feedback gets directly to the correct team.  

Thanks.    

Seasoned Contributor

I was talking about the list of available channels, not adding new ones. I’ll post a screenshot to show you what I’m talking about.

53754FD4-9833-4379-9F86-9E749E2A6729.png

Established Sharer

NOTE:  These comments are speculation since I'm located in the Great Lakes region.  If Spectrum uses the same channel numbering logic on the Pacific coast (LA) as here in the Great Lakes, your low numbered digital channels are SD format to replace the obsolete analog mode of a decade ago.  Out here the HD equivalent channel numbers typically start at 1000.  As an example, the HD version of SD channels 2, 3, 5, and 8 here are 1002, 1003, 1005, and 1008.  I'll gamble that your 1270 "PBS Kids" is the HD formatted version of kids programming that is also carried in SD down near the bottom of the channel list; it's probably OverTheAir on the sub-channel 12-2 or 12-3 of KLCS.

I'm told that some set top box models can automatically send the HD version to your set.  If your digital converter is user-programmed to only send 1080i mode to your set's HDMI port and you choose an SD channel that is also available in HD, it will try to give you the higher resolution picture unless you select BOTH the 480 i and 1080i HDMI output modes.

But again, this entire narrative presumes that Spectrum's channel numbering plan is logical and uniform across the entire country.  If I have stated something incorrectly about LA I'll apologize that it's wrong but that's all you get.

Seasoned Contributor

I’m in a former TWC area that got the “Auto HD” treatment back in 2014, which means that for me the lower channel numbers are HD, and that there’s no longer a separate channel block just for HD. My lineup duplicates the main local channels in the 1200s (CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, CW, PBS, etc.) and carries the subchannels in that same block.

KLCS’s over-the-air virtual channel is 58.x, with PBS Kids on 58.2.

I hope that the forum mods forward what I showed in my screenshot to the website team.