Highlighted
Observer

You cant login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations (resolved 5/20)

This has been an ongoing issue for me since subscribing to service three months ago. Nobody at spectrum appears to have any idea how to fix it. I've changed my password, I've created sub accounts, and gone through device troubleshooting with tech support. Nothing appears to solve the issue. I only use my account on my one Roku 4 mainly and it's not possible that I have too many active logins. It appears to be an issue with the authentication side of things and possibly a bug in one of the channel apps. I can watch maybe one program on one of the channel apps I subscribe to. Rather it be Starz, HBO, Showtime, or Epix and then I receive this error message after one of the apps asks me to reauthenticate. Seems to occur especially if switching between tv anywhere apps multiple times. It's getting very frustrating and basically spectrum keeps saying there's nothing wrong when obviously there is. This was not an issue when I was a user on another Time Warner account, which makes me believe that it could also be an issue with my account. Seems like every week that goes by after the merger service continues to go downhill. Constant little outages and annoyances. Rather it's an app outage, a service outage or an outage that prevents me from even paying a bill (currently an issue today). Ridiculous. I'm hoping maybe someone can shed some light on this issue or provide a way to rectify this.

To clarify:
1. this is at home on spectrum provided Wi-Fi.
2. This error occurs even after changing password and using only one device.
3. This error occurred even after tech support deleted user account and had me create another one.
4. Is not device dependent and tech support verified this. This error will happen randomly rather I use my Android phone, or one of my Roku's and while making sure it's not too many users by changing password.

13 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: You cannot login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations

If it's a simultaneous login issue, how about logging out out your "channel" before selecting a new one?   If you are at home, you should be able to make use of the Spectrum App, and not have to login to each individual channel's app.

Observer

Re: You cannot login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations

It's an authorization process each time you log in and out of each channel app which involves entering a unique activation code on an activation website. Unfortunately not as easy as logging in and out of a Netflix or Hulu account. I wish it was. Each time you go through the activation process isn't exactly quick or easy. I shouldn't have to jump on a computer and go to an activation website each time I want to browse HBO go or Showtime Anytime. As far as using the Spectrum app that's not a great solution. Compared to the individual channel apps, it's disorganized, and a chore to find a show or movie to watch. Not to mention I've found a few mislabeled movies, and it doesnt appear to offer everything that I can get through say HBO go.
I shouldn't have to cross my fingers and toes every time I launch the starz app hoping I don't get an error message preventing me from enjoying what I pay for.
Seasoned Contributor

GMFreak8 wrote:
It's an authorization process each time you log in and out of each channel app which involves entering a unique activation code on an activation website. Unfortunately not as easy as logging in and out of a Netflix or Hulu account. I wish it was. Each time you go through the activation process isn't exactly quick or easy. I shouldn't have to jump on a computer and go to an activation website each time I want to browse HBO go or Showtime Anytime. As far as using the Spectrum app that's not a great solution. Compared to the individual channel apps, it's disorganized, and a chore to find a show or movie to watch. Not to mention I've found a few mislabeled movies, and it doesnt appear to offer everything that I can get through say HBO go.
I shouldn't have to cross my fingers and toes every time I launch the starz app hoping I don't get an error message preventing me from enjoying what I pay for.

The problem is not on your end. And yes I have considered the same work-a-rounds as you and Spectum. That's a lot of time consumption on your end that you should be compensated for.  It appears Spectrum hasn't figured it out yet. The only thing I can tell you is the problem seems to clear up in low traffic times and appear most often at night at high traffic times. It's not equipment related because I use better equipment than Spectrum. The only UBEE I've tested  was high-end and was very good plus it had telephony included.

Maybe Ms. Raye will chime in and give an opinion as to why the problem is occuring.

This happened to me tonight.  I was watching an episode of a show of starz.  I went to grab food and when I went to continue it said I was logged off.  I tried re logging in and I got this error.  HBO and showtime had it as well.  FX and AMC told me that the channel isn't part of my plan.  Big surprise to me.  This forum is filled with this issue and none of their solutions work.  I've reset the router I've logged out and logged in.  Now I have a ticket put in at my local TWC.  You'd think they'd have this fully figured out by now.

Observer

Yeah it is ridiculous. I've already gone the ticket route two or three times. They close them out and say there's no issue. Let me know if you get anywhere with them.
Observer

So just tried watching a movie "get a job" on Starz and what do you know, I get the locked icon. It's not included in my subscription package. Tried to watch it on the Spectrum app and of course it's not offered. I can find it in search, but other than recording it on the DVR in a day, it doesn't allow me to watch it. And of course I get the "you cannot login" error when I try to activate any apps. So I gotta wait two hours to actually use the service I pay for. This is infuriating and just ridiculous. Obviously plenty of people are having this issue and Spectrum doesn't care. All I know is if this isn't fixed and soon then I'm thankful spectrum at least doesn't have contracts, because it's hello Directv. I might have a contract but at least I'll be getting what I paid for. I've never experienced such a degradation of service and support in such a short time. I've had better support and service from shady used car lots.
Newcomer

I spoke with STARZ and they confirmed that the problem is an authentication issue where TWC Spectrum is not passing our subscription info on to STARZ (and others like HBO Go).  I explained this to the last TWC Spectrum tech support person I spoke with regarding this, but it seemed to go right over his head.  If it continues, my solution will be to "cut the cord" and subscribe to STARZ and HBO Go directly or through the various streaming alternatives available.

Newcomer

Happening again today.  I was able to watch a show on the STARZ app using my TWC credentials this morning, but 30 minutes later the STARZ app said I didn't have a subscription.

Observer

I agree with you. The only thing keeping me from subscribing to the services directly is I'm under promotional pricing that includes all the premiums. When the promotion ends, I'm cutting the cord as well. Not only is it cheaper then paying through spectrum, I'll also be able to actually use the service.
Only thing keeping me from cutting the cord on cable completely after the promotional pricing is done and just using an OTT service like sling tv is a functional 6 tuner DVR. Yet somehow Spectrum is finding a way to make the DVR less user friendly and functional with each software update as well.
I put another trouble ticket in, I'm not holding my breath. My frustration just continues to mount. Nothing about my service has improved since the merger. Today was another day where I could only watch a trailer on the Starz app before I was locked out again. It's a wonder why legacy time Warner customers are leaving left and right. I'll post an update if I actually get anywhere with customer support.