Re: You cannot login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations

It magically worked on Monday and I thought great they fixed it.  The only recommendation they gave at the time was to reset the password.  I had already done that so I assumed that resetting it and some time fixed it.  This Sunday I went to watch STARZ.  I watched the new episode of American Gods and after that I couldn't log in to any other app.  I'm actually wondering if it's because of the STARZ app.

Highlighted
Observer

Re: You cannot login at this time because your account has too many pending authorizations

I was thinking at one time that it may have been the Starz app as well. I came to the conclusion that it's not though. The same problem happens with Epix, and to a lesser extent Showtime and HBO for me. The only difference appears to be how fast it locks you out and how the app behaves when it is no longer authenticated. It seems HBO and Showtime apps are a little more forgiving when they encounter one or two authentication errors and let's you continuing using the app longer. The Starz app immediately seems to lock you out.
I have another issue where the Epix app just gives me the error message that I'm not subscribed now and locks me out from viewing anything as soon as I launch the app. That then appears to immediately trigger the can't log in error message as well.
It appears to still be an issue with Spectrum. Otherwise I wouldn't be getting authentication errors across multiple apps from multiple unrelated premium channels. I could see how it might be thought that it was an app issue if it was always one app from one company that triggers the error, but it's multiple apps from different creators causing the issue. Which to me means the only common thread is Spectrum.
I received a follow up call earlier Monday from Spectrum regarding the ticket I put in, but I wasn't around to take the call so I'll have to call them back when I get a few hours to spend on the phone. I was shocked I actually received a follow up call this time. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be a call saying they fixed the issue because I just encountered the error once again.
This time it was trying to watch HBO and Epix. Wanted to see what was new on Epix. It let me browse, but when I wanted to watch something it told me it wasn't included in my subscription, which it is. So I got frustrated, and tried watching HBO Go to catch up on John Oliver and it just spun around in the loading screen before asking me to activate the service. So I tried activating it through the website and encountered the famous error. I literally was not even able to watch one thing this time before it locked me out. So random, so frustrating, and just ridiculous. It's getting to the point where I don't care about the promotional pricing I'm on. I'd rather pay directly for svod from hbo and whatnot and actually be able to use the services then have them in a bundle that's completely useless to me right now. It appears that the only way to solve the issue is to cut Spectrum out of the equation.
Community Manager

@Doktorijones

There is a known issue impacting the authentication for access to STARZ.  Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, however there is not an ETA.   If you need additional assistance, then please contact us by direct private message at Forums_Help.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Community Forums Moderator

Observer

So I talked to customer support yesterday. They actually called me back this time. I was still experiencing the issue at the time of the call, so they took a few more details and reescalated the ticket back up. Decided to see if I could watch something last night and the error seems to have disappeared now. So hopefully it stays fixed. Amazing it took two plus months to get anything taken care of...hopefully...

Now I just have to call them up about a separate issue that doesn't allow me to watch the Epix app on any of my devices. It allows me to authenticate and log in, but it won't let me watch any movies. I just get an error stating it's not included in my subscription. Which it definitely is. Always something...