Newcomer

When will TWC customers have Charter credentials so we can get into apps?

I just switched to TWC yesterday, and today, I learned the hard way that we can't access the Disney app. My daughter is in tears. I never would have switched had I known this. Since TWC just merged with Charter Spectrum, when will be getting credentials so we can access these apps? If it's not soon, this may be a record for the shortest amount of time I've kept a cable provider.

8 REPLIES
Expert

Re: When will TWC customers have Charter credentials so we can get into apps?

Spectator

Hey Charter/Spectrum- Please make access to the Disney apps a top priority!  Main reason- On Roku, the Disney On Demand choices via the twctv app are a fraction of what they are via the native Roku Disney app.  

EXAMPLE: There are a paltry 6 "Mickey Mouse Club" episodes On Demand via the twctv app, vs.  140 via the Roku Disney Jr. app!!  The twctv "live viewing" user experience on the Roku is actually not bad... in fact, it kept me from dropping TWC for Dish/DirecTV because it enabled me to save money on multiple cable box rentals.  

So, I IMPLORE you to give your customers the same access to the Disney apps that virtually every other TV provider gives to their customers!!  Seems like a "no brainer" to me.

Expert

Supposedly, only with Charter/Spectrum accounts. Look for Dec 16th 2016 as a potential cutover date.Woman Embarassed

You can also try to change your account provided that you're not in a TWC 1 year promo package, those need to run out first.

The online system is all hosed up and doesn't work for existing customers...Robot LOL

There is no time frame at this time for when TWC customers will have access to apps that Charter customers have access to as negotiations and the transition is still in motion. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Newcomer

Any update on this?

We do not have any information in regards to this issue as of this time.

-Melissa O.
TWC Community Forum Moderator
Newcomer

When someone is going to fix this issue?

Newcomer

I thought we were all one happy family now? How can we

when our other brothers and sisters on the REAL Spectrum receive better benefits then the Red Headed step children of TWC?