Rookie

WatchESPN authorization error with Spectrum

WatchESPN is currently generating an authorization error when attempting to view live events from either the WatchESPN app or the ESPN app. If logged out of the Spectrum account, an error is generated when attempting to access the login page.

8 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: WatchESPN authorization error with Spectrum

Good morning.

When accessing WatchESPN application you would want to select Charter/Spectrum.

We are able to login with both Android and Apple devices. Are you still experiencing 

issues? 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I've been getting the same error. It works with Amazon Fire and Android but none of my windows devices. I've tried on three different ones and it doesn't accept my credentials on any of them. I think ESPN is looking for charter spectrum instead of TW spectrum

login for the windows app not working here either.

Newcomer

I cannot get it to work on anything. Extremely frustrating. 

Newcomer

I have gotten it to work on a browser for windows, but not the app for windows. Been very curious as to what the problem was. I put in the login and it deleted all the information after I try to login. After I type it in again, it accepts it, but then the screen just gets a little darker. I've waited 15 minutes to see if it would do anything, but it does not. Click anywhere and you'll have to "log in" again.

Newcomer

Charter nor Charter/Spectrum is not an TV provider option for ESPNWatch. What gives?

Newcomer

I also want to know! I’m looking for Spectrum. I’ve looked for Spectrum, Charter/Spectrum, Time Warner Cable and can find nothing 😡
Newcomer

Same here. Just got a new iPhone and couldn’t use the app today. It worked on my old phone last weekend. No option for TWC or Spectrum. I thought I was losing my mind when I couldn’t find it.