Newcomer

Re: TWC not a provider on WATCH Disney Junior for Apple TV

Just tried the Disney channel app on Apple TV and like many of you saw no TWC listed on there. This seems to be complete ( edited  ) that one of the largest cable providers in the country still hasn't worked with them to add to the list. I live in an area where the only TV options are TWC or antenna, so can't switch.

The TWC TV App doesn't exist for Apple TV, and isn't that good on my Roku.

Airplay is way more of a pain, and trying to stream from the TWC app seems like walking backwards.

I think the issue is all about control, marketing, and data collection. If you stream with the Disney App, TWC might not be able to know what you are watching. If you stream with their app, you can bet they are collecting that info for somesuch report.

TWC, here are some numbers for ya..

We have cable TV service and internet. If we actually even turn on the cable box for 1-2 hours a week, that is a high number, and most likely just to watch "the game" or "the race". Pretty much all of the time our TVs are on are with streaming services like Netflix.

Makes me wonder what I am paying for with TV service if I can't sign into a useful, well organized streaming app that I know has safe programming easy for the kids to access. Traditional cable boxes and "as it is aired" TV is "The old way".

I'll get off my soap box now..

Newcomer

Or add chromecast or Amazon fire to your TWC app. Trying to force us to rent more boxes? I just signed up last night for cable TV and I am already unhappy. DTV was costing me a fortune especially as I wasn't bundling Internet being a TWC customer there for about 5 years now. Guess I a gotta rethink CenturyLink again
Newcomer

Would a TWC rep please update the latest in terms of negotiation. Is this moving forward. If not, why not? Are negotiations stalled with Disney like the Sportsnet issue with the Dodgers and other providers?

I agree this is a joke. I asked Disnet why TWC wasn't listed see reply below

Hi Disney Channel Viewer!

Thank you for contacting Disney Channel Technical Support. I understand that you are inquiring about "Time Warner Cable" on our participating list of providers my name is Quinshay I will be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

As you are aware, At this time "Time Warner Cable" is not a supported provider on our Disney Channel mobile applications and website content however there are still ways to enjoy some of our Disney content. Gated content is available starting 30 days after it has aired on television you can also check out your on-demand content as well as Netflix, iTunes, and also Amazon usually episodes sold individually are 2.99 per episode. I certainly do apologize for any inconveniences and we highly suggest that you contact Time Warner Cable via phone or email and encourage them to participate with our Disney Channel services.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to reply to this email.

Have an awesome day from all of us at Disney Channel Technical Support!

Quinshay
Disney Customer Care

I guess we all need to contact TWC looks like they are the problem and solution. 

Rookie

TWC

Can you please explain to us 'your customers' why Disney Junior is not something we can watch through Apple TV? Why are you not listed? Please answer, as this seems to be the case with lots of services through Apple TV. I see Direct TV is listed with them all....may worth everyone to switch and then TWC may wake up and realize revenues are dropping....?

Can someone please answer this...as the thread has been going on for a while without resolution...?

Time warner needs to get with the system.
Roku much easier for kids to use than there channel boxes and DVR's.
Newcomer

Please twc give us all a answer.. I recently moved from u-verse to TwC and this gives me one more reason to switch back.. Unless u do something about getting itself on the network
Newcomer

I find this answer to be very incomplete and a little too corporate. I wish time warner could simply be honest and say, "because we want more money". Since I last checked, it's ok to be a capitalist and honest at the same time. Work your contractual issues out with Disney, and build the costs into your subscription. Ignoring your customers only prompts them to leave your network.
Newcomer

Because MOST of the major television channels actually DENIED to include Time Warner Cable. These providers include Cartoon Network, ABC-Disney, and more. So far, HBO and SHOWTime have accepted incorporating TWC, along with the FOX networks, NBC, ESPN, and NICK as far as I know. This is because of the disputes between these companies. TWC has had, for a long time, been demanding on networks, and that's why they're declining. Very disappointing to see this happen.
Newcomer

What a joke. Isnt TWC one of the largest cable providers???