Observer

System down message NBC app

For several weeks now I have been unable to successfully login in with my tv provider (TWC spectrum) via the NBC app on my xbox one. Previously I had no problems. Now when I use the activation code, select my tv provider and log in it says there is a system error ( I am not exactly sure on the wording. Something about the system's are down)  through TWC spectrum's website (it's not nbc giving me the error message). I am able to log in directly trough TWC's website though.

I hope this makes some sense.

Thank you 

10 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: System down message NBC app

Through TWC/Spectrum the NBC app is not supported through the NBC network app 

Get instant access to enjoy all of your favorite NBC shows and classics wherever and whenever you want with the NBC app.
NBC
Highlighted
Observer

NBC is listed on the accepted apps. I just followed your link and it's there. 

Observer

This is listed under the app..

"Get instant access to enjoy all of your favorite NBC shows and classics wherever and whenever you want! Now you can watch live, catch up on full episodes, and view the best in Late Night on your tablet, smartphone, or laptop. Sign in with your TWC ID and open up a whole new way to enjoy NBC."

Established Sharer

Is "Charter Spectrum" an option rather than "TWC Spectrum"? Some apps have migrated to us using that as the provider now.

Observer

I believe there is. I can try that one when I get home. Will let you know if it works

Lead Moderator

It is available but not for Xbox/Xbox One. 

nbc.JPG

You can see that when the Xbox One  is supported it is listed separately

Catch up with your favorite MTV shows with the MTV app.
MTV

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Xbox One™ | Windows 8

I apologize for the frustration. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Why did that change? Originally I could access it throught the xbox one. Just recently (within the last month) it stopped connecting to my twc account.

Observer

I also don't understand how the app itself works. I can watch old episodes but when I try to log in with TWC to watch newer stuff thats where the problem comes up

Observer

Tried it with charter spectrum, signed right in! Thank you so much