Highlighted
Newcomer

Starz app (iOS, roku etc) movies locked but have subscription through TWC

i have the Starz app for Roku and sign in with my TWC id and yes I subscribe to Starz with TWC and most of the movies are locked. Starz says this is Time Warners fault but Time warner doesn't know why?  this is what I'm told so any ideas would help?

10 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Starz app (iOS, roku etc) movies locked but have subscription through TWC

@Kevinb821  Starz is available through the TWCTV app On Demand and Live TV.

You may want to visit that and let us know if you see the same movies locked out.

Thank you!

Regards,
Julia R.
Social Media Customer Care
Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Same with xbox one..  But why won't STARZ let us play the locked movies through these devices? The TWCTV app doesn't always cast so we'll to my TV.

Lead Moderator

If you log into TWCTV.com via a computer do you see the same items locked out? 

If you will please contact us directly HERE with your account number

and verification of your My Account username we can take a look. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care

Browser

I have the same thing going on with Starz and Epiz which were fine previously; I am logged  in to the respective apps showing Time Warner/Spectrum on  either XBox One, Roku or Nvidia Shield (Android)  (We have all 3 here)

The message states we need to "upgrade our account" to view content.

I am able to see content on demand via Time Warner.  Please look into this.  As others have stated, most of my devices stream better using the apps.  We only have the cable connected downstairs and uses the apps for content in other parts of the house via ethernet.

Thanks

Browser

PS Logging into the Starz website presents a similar message with an 888 number to call with an upgrade which isn't the issue. We only stream 1 or at most 2 devices at a time and Starz allows up to 4

This does not answer the problem. We don't want to watch it on a computer. The movies locked are not on the On Demand option. You keep repeating the same answer but it is not solving the problem that you have content locked on streaming apps on devices such as Fire TV and Roku.

My Starz app is STILL not allowing me access to view anything on demand. It was letting me browse the programs then once after finally deciding which one I was going to watch (I tend to take my time scrolling thru the trailers to find what interest me, and it's a process) I am only once again disappointed at getting the "Please upgrade your subscription"
I have already once called and spoken to SEVERAL different reps, each time reexplain It myself as I make my way up the line of "someone who can help me with this issue" only to be told to give it 24 hrs to update itself.
Well I gave it the benefit of the doubt thinking "errors happen" only to find myself back at square 1.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! THIS SAME ISSUE BASED ON MY RESEARCH HAS BEEN REOCCURRING AND ONLINE COMPLAINTS DATE BACK TO 2012 OR 2013. GET YOUR PROGRAM TOGETHER TIME WARNER, THIS IS BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE.
THIS IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED LIKE OBVIOUSLY YEARS AGO...

I NEED SOME ANSWERS OR CHANGES AND QUICK OR I HAVE NO OTHER OPTION TO TAKE THINGS UP A NOTCH
Lead Moderator

If you will please contact us directly HERE with your account number

and verification of your My Account username we can look into this

to get it resolved. 

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care

Newcomer

Why is this thread marked "Solved"?  No one posted a solution, but lots of people said they were having the same problem.  I too am having this problem.  Everything was fine until yesterday, 04/26/2017.  Prior to that date, I could watch STARZ content via both the STARZ app on a streaming device (Roku) and the STARZ app on an iPad.  But, starting yesterday, ALL content shown on those STARZ apps shows as being locked and if I select any content I am told that I need to upgrade my subscription.  I can still watch STARZ content via my cable box and via the Spectrum app, but apparently TWC Spectrum is not passing my subscription information on to the STARZ to support their apps.