RPO
Spectator

STARZ: Starz.com issues and authentication issues

[ Edited ]

I was issued a trouble ticket for this - ask for the digital team to generate your own.

There is a definite problem with the authentication servers for content at starz.com - which goes thru the spectrum ID/password page and back to starz.com.  An error message briefly flashes to the effect "you are not authorized to view content from STARZ"  or some such.  I entered the correct ID/pw - I also tried the wrong pw and got a different (appropriate) error message.  It then directs me to a generic starz.com home page without being logged in.

The Roku app just treats me as someone who never had an account too.

By the way, Epix.com and the EPIX Roku app work just fine with a similar login process.

The URLs that flash by appear to indicate that my request is redirected to Charter, as I see the text "...spectrum.net/....?.../Charter_Direct" in the URL that is visible for just a second or so.  I should not be directed to Charter (I thinks) as I was with Time Warner Cable, now Spectrum.  In the past - when this worked OK - the starz.com site listed TWC-Spectrum as a service provider but not now.  It now just lists  Charter-Spectrum and "Spectrum".  Charter-Spectrum doesn't work either.

In a different post reply I mentioned a post that never appeared - this is a rewrite.

-RPO

23 REPLIES
Spectator

APP Activation

I can no longer activate my Starz app  when it redirects to a browser Time Warner / Spectrum is no longer an option, the app was activated and working until today. BTW the iPad app does activate but not for FireTv box which requires a browser login. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: APP Activation

[ Edited ]

I do see that the Starz application does support Fire TV. 

You can read more about the App here: Partner Apps

Amazon.com: STARZ: Appstore for Android 

Price: Free Download
Sold by: Starz Entertainment, LLC
This price was set by the publisher.
Available instantly

This app needs permission to access:

• Change Wi-Fi connectivity state
  • Open network sockets
See all Application Permissions

Tyleen
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Spectator

Thank you for you're reply, The issue that I am having is with the activation, previously I was able to choose Time Warner as my service provider on the Starz activation website but it is no longer an option, Time Warner is not listed as a service provider with Starz even though I have a subscription to that channel. It was activated until 2 days ago does Starz no longer stream to Time Warner customers?

Observer

Starz Play not showing Spectrum as a provider?

Had my Spectrum TWC account paired to Starz Play on both of my Android TV boxes for months. Came home yesterday to resume Power, and both were deactivated. I tried to generate new codes and reactivate but on Starz.com/activate , Spectrum TWC is not a provider that is listed anymore. Anyone else having this issue?
Observer

Same issue in both of my Shield TVs. Was working fine up until yesterday and now Spectrum isn't listed as a provider anymore when attempting to reactivate. Trying to watch Power!!!!
Expert

Re: Starz Play not showing Spectrum as a provider?

Is TWC or Charter listed?

Observer

Nope. Neither Spectrum option is listed on the choose your provider screen
Expert

I have SPECTRUM listed as a provider using the android AP from the google play store...

it prompts me for my Spectrum login but since I  killed off starz to save money, won't go further...

Observer

Yeah not using the app as I have no interest in watching on phone or tablet. Android TV Starz app displays a code. Says go to activate.starz.com from any web browser. After entering the code it asks to select provider. Spectrum is not an option. This is going on day 3.