RPO
Spectator

Re: Starz Play not showing Spectrum as a provider?

I am having a similar problem.  See my other post which hasn't shown up yet (moderated?) in which I mis-spelled authentication in the subject.

STARZ cust sup was no help - they pointed finger at spectrum.  It appears to be a case of spectrum or starz directing the authentification to the wrong server farm (charter briefly shows up in the urls as they re-direct.) The I get the error message (brief flash) of "you are not authorized to receive content from STARZ" or something like that.

I CAN view starz content thru the spectrum app on my Roku - but that's not acceptable.

-RPO

Expert

Re: STARZ: Starz.com and Roku starz app fails authentication

post got deleted due to a no longer welcome poster...

Looks like there's now 2 issues, there are complaints of "spectrum" not even showing up as a provider, I get the screen, can't log in because I don't have a paid Starz subscription thru twc. and that's on an android phone, a samsung J7 with latest firmware.

It looks like the "trial version" loads and runs...

are you getting those 2 choices?

Observer

Right. I dont care about the spectrum app because its not on my Android TV box. Starz play is and its much more efficient that using on demand. Would really like to see this looked into because obviously we are not the only ones struggling with this.  I have seen people complaining about this same issue all over reddit and twitter. Lets get the ball rolling here!

Newcomer

Re: APP Activation

Tried the same thing tonight (Fri 8/5). Can't log into STARZ on Roku, no choice of Time Warner, and the Spectrum login doesn't know I have Starz. This is NOT an app problem, as I can't even log in on the Starz web site.

Note: Spent half an hour with a clueless representative on chat. Asking me to reinstall the app isn't a helpful suggestion. Nor is resetting my cable modem (!). BTW, please don't reset my cable modem without asking!!

For the moment, workaround is to subscribe to Starz on Amazon video. They give me a free week, so I'm not stuck until next Friday... Maybe time to switch TV providers?

RPO
Spectator

Starz has screwed this up further - they cleared my account (read on.)

Just to clear something up,  I am not using "Starz Play" whatever that is.  I use either the starz.com web access on a PC or the "STARZ" app on my Roku.  Technically, I can go thru the Roku Spectrum app and access Starz via an awful interface., but it does work, even now.  All your experience with trial versions is irrelevant as it's just the *authorization* for subscribers that's failing.

On Starz.com  I am presented with 11  main TV providers beginning with AT&T and ending with Verizon, with "Spectrum" third in the grid of choices.  Selecting "See All Providers"  shows me DOZENS of providers with only "Charter Spectrum" now listed ("Spectrum" is gone.)

Searching for "Spectr" only results in "Charter Spectrum."   Searching for TWC or Time  nothing found. 

Backing up and selecting  "Spectrum" as the choice now results in a successful login EXCEPT:

1st try OK, but wrong path, see below

2nd try after logout failed (so, it's intermittant)

3rd try succeeded EXCEPT I had to re-enter my email address and was given a fresh account with my "resume" and "my-list"  data cleared out.  Not funny.  Also, still wrong re-direct path, as follows:

Briefly to this path: https: //www.starz .com /authentication /XPRX /Charter_Direct

Then to starz.com/ and I'm logged in OK  but with a fresh account.  The XPRX changes with each login - it's a "ticket." Spaces inserted in URL to avoid interpretation.

I am not a Charter cust.  The problem is the bad re-direct thru Charter and now the cleared out account.

-RPO

P.S. did you mean that someone *recently* caused my 1st ever post to be deleted, or that that thread was frozen?

Observer

Still not showing up on my Android TV boxes as a provider. I tried it from my Samsung s8 on the Starz app and spectrum does show up. It gives me a "not authorized" error when logging in initially. Upon second attempt it let's me in but when I go to play something it says I don't have Starz. I verified on my TWC account that I do in fact still have Starz. This is now Day 4 without being able to resume Power where I left off... -_-
Newcomer

Ditto for me. Trying to reauthorize Starz app on my Fire TV. I go to activate.starz.com and enter the code, then it shows me a list and Spectrum isn't listed (neither is Time Warner Cable or Charter). This happened a few months ago, but they "reappeared" after a day or so. But it's going on 4 days for me as well with this issue. Very frustrating.

Highlighted

I was coming on here to ask about Starz too.  Time Warner spectrum is normally listed as a provider and it's no longer there. Tried on different devices and on a web browser to no avail. 

Newcomer

Re: APP Activation

I'm having the same issue. I contacted Time Warner and they said they are having authentication issues and are working on them but have no ETA for fixing it. I'd contact their support and ask for an adjustment on your bill due to lack of services you're supposed to be provided. They said they could do that for me, so maybe if enough people request it they will act quicker.
jk1
Newcomer

Re: STARZ: Starz.com issues and authentication issues

same issue here