Newcomer

Regards to AMC app

I have been trying for weeks now to log into the AMC app with my spectrum account an it tells me it's not included in my package that we have. I do have the AMC channel an many more channels but for some reason this one will not let me log in with my account. Any ideas on why that would be??
1 REPLY
Established Sharer

Re: Regards to AMC app

@Rscoia wrote:
I have been trying for weeks now to log into the AMC app with my spectrum account an it tells me it's not included in my package that we have. I do have the AMC channel an many more channels but for some reason this one will not let me log in with my account. Any ideas on why that would be??

Check your bill.  What level of service are you paying for?   The partner apps only work if you are a paying subscriber to the channel.  They will not necessarily work if you can view the channel.

You may ask me, "Huh?  That doesn't make sense.  I can tune to channel 27 and watch AMC.  How come I cannot use the partner app?"

It is possible that you can watch AMC and not be a subscriber becuase:

1.  You are a StarterTV subscriber.  (Or an internet only subscriber)

2.  Your area has not gone to encrypted digital yet.

3.  TWC/Spectrum did not install the proper RF Filters on your drop (either becuase they didn't have them, or they'd block other services you pay for, like internet)

There are MANY subscribers who were able to view channels on the Standard / Select tiers, but didn't actually pay for them.  (i.e. - If you are paying less than $30 per month for your video service, and can receive anything higher than channel 24, this applies to you.)  When Spectrum goes digital in your market, you will be required to rent equipment to decrypt the video, and you will only be able to decrypt the channels you pay for and are part of your package.

So look at your latest bill.  What level of video service are you paying for?  It may not agree with what you can actually view / tune with your television.