Highlighted
Rookie

Reduce account password complexity requirements

Short story - It sickens me to periodically register my apple TV just so I can watch a program.  I haven't entered an HBO Now password in years, but apparently Spectrum needs to timeout my registration.....

At the same time, I never remember my username and password.  I come to understand, 45 minutes into dealing with this issue that the password complexity requirements meet DOD security standards.  Accordingly, I created a password I will inevitably forget. 

Please do kindly,  reduce the password complexity requirements  as this is just cable TV - it does not need DOD level security. the Russians are not going to hack my cable....even if they do, I don't really care....

2 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Reduce account password complexity requirements

jaybertuzzi wrote:

Short story - It sickens me to periodically register my apple TV just so I can watch a program.  I haven't entered an HBO Now password in years, but apparently Spectrum needs to timeout my registration.....

At the same time, I never remember my username and password.  I come to understand, 45 minutes into dealing with this issue that the password complexity requirements meet DOD security standards.  Accordingly, I created a password I will inevitably forget. 

Please do kindly,  reduce the password complexity requirements  as this is just cable TV - it does not need DOD level security. the Russians are not going to hack my cable....even if they do, I don't really care....

While the Russians are not likely to hack your cable.. (they probably already have a copy of every program anyway), the content owners don't want everyone to use President Skroob's luggage combination as their password (12345), as it makes it very easy for peoplee who don't pay for cable to get content.

Write it down, or type it in a file on your computer you can lock with a simple password.

With all the identity theft going on, I can't imagine anyone lowering password standards...

Established Sharer

Re: Reduce account password complexity requirements

Since you use the Apple TV I will assume you also use the iPhone (although I'm sure Androids have something similar). You can use the Notes app on your phone to keep track of user names and passwords. Notes will let you lock each note with a PIN or Touch ID (or Face ID on the new iPhone), and it doesn't cost anything.